***PLEASE APPLY at www.cdcfoundation.org under COVID19 Corps Jobs***
The CDC Foundation seeks candidates for a Contact Tracers to support the CDC. This position will call every person diagnosed with COVID-19, gather their contacts, and proceed to call every contact in reference. This is in tandem with community-wide efforts to increase testing, improve communication and implementation of isolation and quarantine. This will fortify efforts to control the pandemic.
The Contact Tracer may use a web-based client resource management (CRM) platform to call all contacts of anyone diagnosed with COVID-19 to document a symptom check, refer them for testing according to established protocols, and provide them with instructions for quarantine. Contact Tracers are required to follow all scripts, policies and procedures provided, and comply with Department of Public Health training regarding confidential information related to personal information.
This is an outstanding opportunity to work with the nation’s lead agency charged with protecting the public's health. The CDC Foundation offers a competitive salary and attractive benefits package.
- Call contacts of newly diagnosed patients.
- Communicate with contacts in a professional and empathetic manner.
- Collect and record information on symptoms into the CRM.
- Provide contacts with approved information about state quarantine procedures, and if appropriate, refer them to testing according to protocol and/or to a COVID-19 Care Resource Coordinator for social resources.
- Contact tracers will follow the script to inform contacts about the importance of quarantine and what to do if symptoms develop. They are not permitted to deviate from the script or provide information that is not included in the script.
- Maintain daily contact with supervisor.
- Bachelors degree required
- Ability to exhibit a professional, positive attitude and work ethic
- Excellent interpersonal skills required and ability to interact professionally with culturally diverse individuals during a time of crisis and distress
- Ability to show empathy to distressed individuals
- Highly detail oriented, works well within a diverse team, demonstrates a high degree of initiative and flexibility, able to communicate effectively in a positive and professional manner, able to prioritize activities when under tight deadlines, and possesses analytical skills.
- Strong technical skills including word processing, spreadsheet development and management, and database management, with a particular emphasis on proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Outstanding interpersonal and teamwork skills; collegian; energetic; and able to develop productive relationships with colleagues, stakeholders, and partners.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, mental or physical disabilities, veteran status, and all other characteristics protected by law.
We comply with all applicable laws including E.O. 11246 and the Vietnam Era Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 governing employment practices and do not discriminate on the basis of any unlawful criteria in accordance with 41 C.F.R. §§ 60-300.5(a)(12) and 60-741.5(a)(7). As a federal government contractor, we take affirmative action on behalf of protected veterans.
The CDC Foundation is a smoke-free environment.
Relocation expenses are not included.
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Day shift
- Night shift
- Overnight shift