Legacy Community Health is a premium, Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) that provides comprehensive care to community members regardless of their ability to pay. Our goal is to treat the entire patient while improving their overall wellness and quality of life, in addition to providing free pregnancy tests, HIV/AIDS screening. At Legacy, we empower patients to lead better lives by promoting healthy behaviors and offering resources such as literacy classes, family planning services, and nutrition and weight management information.
Our roots began in 1981 as the Montrose Clinic, with specialization in HIV education, testing, and treatment. Since then, the agency has expanded to >50 clinics in Houston, one in Baytown, two in Beaumont, and one in Deer Park with extensive services that include: Adult primary care, HIV/AIDS care, pediatrics, OB/GYN and maternity, dental, vision and behavioral health. We also service students within KIPP and YES Prep schools. Legacy is committed to driving healthy change in our communities.
The Compensation Manager is responsible for managing the compensation function for Legacy Community Health. In this position, the Compensation Manager is responsible for planning, developing and implementing new and revised compensation programs, policies and procedures in alignment with the HR Strategy and Goals to ensure Legacy provides a competitive and desirable compensation package as part of its Total Rewards Strategy. The Compensation Manager ensures that company compensation programs are consistently administered in compliance with internal policies and government regulations. This position provides creative leadership and coordinates with staff in the Shared Services and the Talent Acquisition Divisions and with HRBPs to ensure a cohesive strategy for planning for, attracting, retaining and compensating talent. This position reports to the Director of Total Rewards.
- Provides leadership input for development of Legacy’s Compensation Philosophy, aligned with the HR and agency strategy and objectives.
- Responsible for designing, recommending, implementing and maintaining an agency-wide compensation strategy that includes all FLSA statuses and levels, that embeds practices to attract, retain and reward valued talent.
- Evaluates internal and external trending to ensure Legacy remains market competitive and that best practices are being applied.
- Grades all jobs, partnering with other areas of HR such as HRBPs and Talent Acquisition to ensure thorough understanding of the role for accuracy.
- Works with agency leadership and HRBPs to create, update and sunset job descriptions, as applicable, and that a job description exists for each active role.
- Monitors the effectiveness of existing compensation practices and recommends changes that are cost-effective and consistent with compensation trends, the compensation philosophy and agency objectives.
- Provides advice to agency staff on pay decisions, policy interpretations, and job evaluations.
- Develops techniques for compiling, preparing and presenting data.
- Oversees the participation in salary surveys and monitors salary survey data to ensure corporate compensation objectives are achieved.
- Analyst work includes running models to project salary increases and account for changes to salary bands or adjustments, reviewing and auditing salary offers from recruitment and HR BP teams and reviewing proposed job descriptions to align against market and analyze internal equity.
- Create Compensation Dashboards and Maintain PowerBI Calculator.
- HRIS Management, including entering approved salary and job codes into HRIS system: ExponentHR, updating job title alignment in HRIS System: ExponentHR, gathering and updating personnel records and working with HR Shared Services Team to make broad changes as needed for compensation practices updates.
- Able to identify, prioritize and correct pay practice issues and create communication plans regarding necessary changes.
- Responsible for annual merit process, including requesting necessary budget, communication, gaining approval to finalize and reporting. This includes communicating to department leaders where employees are in the range and who is already at max and ineligible to receive merit. This is done in partnership with HRBPs, including managing concerns around merit award and allocation. Partners with Payroll to ensure timely and accurate processing.
- Manages all bonus processing, including communication, evaluation of submitted requests, gaining approval to finalize and reporting. Partners with HRBPs, along with Payroll to ensure timely and accurate processing.
- Audits for pay equity and compliance, such as ensuring salaries are within ranges. Ensures compliance with pay practices.
- Ensures compliance with applicable federal and/or state laws, regulations, and/or agency rules, standards and guidelines, etc.
- Provides recommendations on policies or standards as required.
- Participates in the Performance Improvement/Quality Programs to provide guidance on compensation and position management.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Work, Education, and Training Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in business, human resources or related field and five years of progressively responsible experience in employee compensation.
- Knowledge of laws and regulations as they apply to base compensation and incentive compensation programs, company policies, and operations.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a Compensation Analyst position; preferred some experience in a supervisory position or budget/finance role.
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) certification preferred.
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) credentials preferred.
- Knowledge of all federal, state and local regulations and compliance requirements related to employee compensation.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to interpret and communicate data.
- Expert level Excel skills, including Pivot Tables and visualization dashboards, along with strong PowerPoint, Word and Outlook.
- Working experience with PowerBI, SharePoint and PowerAutomate.
As part of values that Healthcare is a Right and not a Privilege, we offer a suite of benefits
- Medical / Vision / Dental (Costs of benefits are based on your yearly salary)
Medical visit copays are waived when seeing a Legacy provider.
- 9 Holiday + 1 Floating Holiday
- 403b Retirement Plan
- Bright Horizons Back-up Care
As a user of Bright Horizons Back-Up Care, you can conveniently schedule care right from your mobile device with the Back-Up Care app– your easy, time-saving solution to managing family care challenges while on the go.
PTO Exchange benefit
PTO Exchange will provide you with the option to convert a portion of your accrued but unused PTO hours for use toward several different benefits and causes, based on your own priorities.
With PTO Exchange, you can convert a portion of your unused PTO into:
- 403(b) Retirement contributions
- Student loan payments / Tuition for the employee
- Leave Sharing donations to fellow employees
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $100,000.00 - $130,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Houston, TX: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- What are your salary expectations?
- Do you have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a Compensation Analyst position; preferred some experience in a supervisory position or budget/finance role?
- Do you have expert level Excel skills (including Pivot Tables and visualization dashboards, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook)?
- Do you have working experience with PowerBI, SharePoint and PowerAutomate?
- progressively responsible compensation: 5 years (Required)
- CCP, SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP (Preferred)
Work Location: In person