US Citizens only
Must already have Top Secret/SCI clearance -- *plus* Full Scope poly -- used in the past 24 months
Position can be in Seattle, Denver, or Northern VA
Perm, full-time, direct-hire position. Salary + benefits -- relo assistance is avail
Software Development Engineer - Pyxis
Are you passionate about improving the way developers build applications? Do you find yourself making your own tools to get things done faster? Would you enjoy working on a platform that is fundamental to the way people develop software both inside and outside of Amazon? The AWS Pyxis team is seeking expert developers interested in creating the next generation of developer-centric tools. In this position, you will be part of a team that works across the entire Amazon organization to discover opportunities to improve on the development lifecycle for building and running software using Amazon Web Services. You'll work directly with teams who are using Amazon Web Services, and resolve challenges teams face with software. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to have an engineering leadership role with visibility across the organization.
This position requires that the candidate selected be a US Citizen and obtain and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related technical discipline.
- 3+ years of professional industry experience.
- Experience with at least one modern programming language such as C, C++, C#, Java.
- Object Oriented Design and familiarity with application and database programming under UNIX/Linux.
- Experience with Agile (SCRUM, RUP, XP), OO modeling, web services, UNIX, middleware, database and data mining systems
- Experience mentoring and training the engineering community on complex technical issues
- Deep hands-on technical expertise, excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A strong track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional projects
- Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Experience with building high-performance, highly-available and scalable distributed systems.
- A willingness to dive deep, experiment rapidly and get things done
- Passion for Amazon Web Services and cloud-based computing
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and agile development environment
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to work across multiple teams
- Experience contributing to or working with open-source software
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Up to $999,999.00 per year
- Health insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off