HVAC/R-MAR Instructor/Placement Coordinator
Midwest Technical Institute is offering a $1000.00 sign-on bonus to any candidate who successfully completes their 90-day probationary period.
Midwest Technical Institute, an established career college with campuses throughout the Midwest and Mississippi Delta region, is seeking applicants for a full time HVAC/R instructor/placement coordinator at our Moline, Illinois campus.
This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to enhance the HVAC/R-MAR Program by working with students for placement in their chosen field.
- Adhere to approved policies and procedures in the conduct of all instructional activities.
- Develop instructional plans and manage the daily routines of a competency-based education.
- Be efficient with planning time by using that time to make copies, lesson plans, posting attendance and grades.
- Begin class on time in an orderly, organized fashion.
- Provide an appropriate, intellectually stimulating instruction, based on the unique abilities of each student.
- Be courteous to and approachable by students.
- Supervise and coordinate class/Range activities.
- Assess students’ progress in achieving requirements in theory and practice through classroom and range activities.
- Use effective motivation to help stimulate a personal desire to learn the curriculum.
- Assist with disciplinary actions related to students’ academics, attendance, or conduct.
- Provide additional assistance to students who may be struggling.
- Assist with placement of students, offering reference letters and resources for student placements.
- Attend Professional Advisory Board Meetings, Graduation Ceremonies, monthly program and staff meetings, open houses, “instructor training”, and other required functions.
- Join or maintain membership to a professional organization pertaining to the professional responsibilities of MTI and attend conferences for this professional organization as needed.
- Maintain CEU’s as required by your professional organization.
- Coordinate with instructors to place students in desirable and appropriate externship sites at least three weeks prior to the end of module three.
- Communicate with current externship site supervisors to maintain ongoing participation in the externship program. .
- Obtain new externship sites with signed agreements, floor plans, and documentation of qualifications of externship "on-site” supervisors.
- Once student is placed, make visits to each student at least on a regular basis to ensure student is complying with program requirements, and to maintain open communication between MTI, the student, and the site.
- Assist students with resumes, cover letters and interview techniques.
- Assist students with job search and placement.
- Maintain placement rate of at least 85% for all classes.
- A combination of educational and experiential qualifications in excess of a diploma in HVAC/R.
- Relevant qualifications, training, and experience in the field of HVAC/R, which must include, at a minimum, three years of work experience in the HVAC/R field.
- Excellent presentation and communication abilities.
- Have strong organizational skills and a genuine sensitivity to the needs of the students.
- Have the ability to stand for long periods of time during lecture and clinical time.
- Knowledgeable of the course content and proficient in all skills taught within the program.
- Competent, as evidenced by satisfactory performance of skills, of all competencies taught in curriculum.
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment. Must include Excel and skills in database management and record keeping.
- Preparation in educational theory and techniques preferred. This can include formal education, continuing education and/or in-service education.
- Have a professional attitude and manner that reflects the high standards of MTI and the program you represent.
Payment and Compensation:
We offer a competitive wage and compensation packages.
Midwest Technical Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Supplemental pay types:
- Background check required
- Teaching: 1 year (Preferred)
- HVAC: 3 years (Preferred)
Work Location: In person