As the largest landscaper in Wisconsin, our success is determined by a customer's individual and overall experience with us. Due to continued growth, we are looking for a Landscape Construction Technician.
- Planting – quality installation of all types of nursery stock; be able to identify plants; know our staking and guying procedures; know how to amend flower and groundcover beds; know how to handle and transport nursery stock; be able to prune all plants; and have knowledge of the care required for all plant material used.
- Install both solid and French style drainage systems in-ground and behind walls with the use of a transit system.
- Have the knowledge and ability to make irrigation repairs when needed.
- Paving – know our standard for quality installation and be able to lay out whatever design is called for (dry and wet brick paving, concrete, exposed aggregate, epoxy aggregate, Kool deck, patio block, flagstone, blue stone, etc.)
- Install and service landscape lighting systems.
- Timber walls and steps – know our standards and be able to lay out and install both CCA timbers or used railroad ties in whatever design is called for in walls, steps, planters or edging. Know how to retain or put different types of dead men behind a wall and buttress in front.
- Install steel, aluminum, and plastic edging.
- Install different types of underlayment and erosion control fabrics and silt fencing and be able to install them.
- Lawn renovation including overseeding, thatching, and topdressing.
- Install and maintain sod. Have knowledge of sodding standards.
- Know our standards and different techniques for seeding and fertilizing.
- Operate the hydromulching machine and straw mulcher to achieve proper coverage and meet company standards.
- Rough grade and finish grade as well as set up proper drainage. Be able to spread topsoil both with a tractor and by hand, then rake to a quality finish grade.
- Lannon stone and fieldstone – install both wet and dry field stone walls and planters as well as wet and dry lannon stone walls, steps and planters and segmented wall products.
- Basic knowledge of carpentry, plumbing, electrical and other construction skills. Ability to figure cubics and volumes of materials needed on the job.
An advanced degree in landscape, construction, or related area preferred. In lieu of a degree, 1-3 years of experience will be considered. We will train.
We offer a competitive benefit and compensation program including
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) with match
- Profit Sharing
- Basic Life and voluntary Life Insurance
- Paid training
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- and much more!
Please apply today or call us at (262) 255-4888 for more information! Will train!
Job Type: Full-time
- Construction: 1 year (Preferred)
- general labor: 1 year (Preferred)