Siemens Manufacturing is looking for an entry level I.T. Specialist to join our team.
The IT specialist position installs, modifies and makes minor repairs to personal computer hardware and software systems, and provides technical advice and support to system users.
This position would be great for a recent I.T. graduate or someone looking for a part-time to full-time internship.
- Identifies and suggests hardware and software needed to satisfy user requirements.
- Installs hardware and peripheral components such as monitors, keyboards, printers and disk drives on users’ premises.
- Loads appropriate software packages such as operating systems, networking components and office applications.
- Assists in the customization and adaptation of existing programs to meet users’ requirements.
- Provides telephone, in-person and online support to end-users.
- Coordinates activities with network services and information systems groups.
- Provides updates, status and completion information to manager and/or users, via voice mail, e- mail or in-person communication.
- Refers major hardware problems to service personnel for correction.
- Connects users to networks and provides initial training in facilities and applications.
- Administers e-mail and anti-virus systems.
- Rotates daily back-up media.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
*Some benefits are only available for a full-time position.*
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Internship
Salary: $13.00 to $17.00 /hour
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Multiple locations
- One location
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
Hours per week:
- Monday to Friday
- Day shift