This is a temporary, 8 week position working full-time hours.
Responsible for sorting paper medical records and organizing them for easy retrieval. Responsible for boxing and unboxing records, organizing shelving units, and evaluating stored boxed charts for records that meet the qualifications for destruction.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
1) Maintains the confidentiality of protected health information (PHI) in accordance with clinic policies and state/federal laws and regulations
2) Organizes paper medical charts in a storage facility
3) Tracks and keeps records organized during a move to a new storage facility.
4) Moves charts and boxes to the appropriate areas of the storage facilities.
5) Alphabetize charts and file paper records according to established protocols
6) General clerical duties such as sorting mail, scanning, faxing, photocopying and filing
7) Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:Required:
- Ability to handle sensitive information and maintain HIPAA compliance
- Ability to lift at least 15-20 pounds on a consistent basis.
- Excellent organizational skills required.
- Consistently arrives at work on time and completes all tasks within established time frame.
- Seeks appropriate tasks when primary tasks are completed and assists co-workers as needed.
- Demonstrates adaptability to expanded roles.
- HS diploma, GED, or part-time student.
- Previous experience in a medical office or in medical records.