About This Job:
As the Senior Vice President of Legal Affairs, you will enable the Company to operate in an efficient manner by cost-effectively overseeing and leading all legal functions, including contract drafting and negotiation, litigation, compliance, employment and labor-related matters. You will provide support to the global operations of the Company, including all legal needs for five international operations. As a key part of the management team, you will support the implementation of business strategies and growth opportunities.
Qualifications/Requirements of the Position:
- Lead the day-to-day operations of the legal department ensuring that daily matters and long-term projects are adequately prioritized while taking into account the need to balance risk mitigation with business continuance/development.
- Draft and negotiate contracts related to all operations of the company and provide contract interpretation and strategy to the leadership team.
- Oversee the activities encompassing legislative, regulatory, administrative and policy matters. Lead on all legal and regulatory compliance-related projects for the company both domestically and internationally including:
- Telephone Consumer Protection Act compliance
- Seller of travel laws compliance
- Call center laws compliance
- Compliance with website terms and conditions disclosures and requirements
- Advertising laws and regulations compliance
- Data privacy regulations compliance
- General Data Protection Regulation compliance
- Ensure all state and federal registrations are current
- Manage all lawsuits and claims as well as partner inquiries; work with outside counsel to develop litigation and claims strategy; ensure outside counsel conforms to mutually agreed upon budgetary limits.
- Work with Human Resources to timely address domestic and international employment and labor-related issues and to implement policy and procedures that guide the workforce in their everyday operations and provide for proactive processes that are repeatable, measurable and defensible.
- Serve as a liaison with outside counsel in connection with international matters; Provide legal advice to leadership regarding international operations
Who We Are:
- Member in good standing of the Arizona State Bar
- At least 15 years of experience representing business entities in either private practice or corporate environment
- Solid judgment and business acumen, particularly in determining the significance of legal matters and effectively measuring and minimizing risks
- Self-motivated and efficient, able to manage responsibilities with an appropriate sense of urgency and function effectively in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Strong organizational skills to prioritize and manage multiple time-sensitive projects simultaneously;
- Mature, forward-thinking and creative, with the confidence to present and advocate for the implementation of ideas
- Strong verbal and written skills with the ability to explain complex, challenging issues in a clear manner to all levels of the organization, including senior management
- Strong interpersonal skills, including diplomacy and flexibility, and the ability to interface effectively with customers and other business partners
- Organized, detailed-oriented and able to multi-task
- Ability to maintain a high level of integrity of confidential information
- Experience as in-house counsel a plus
- Experience in the travel industry a plus
- Experience with international business law a plus
Headquartered in Scottsdale, Arizona, International Cruise & Excursions, Inc. ('ICE' for short) is dedicated to providing branded travel, leisure, and lifestyle products to consumers (over 55 million each year). The ICE slogan reads "Powered by Innovation," and we mean it!
We're proud to be consistently recognized as a CareerBuilder Top Company to Work for in Arizona, Phoenix Business Journal's Best Places to Work winner, and one of Arizona's Most Admired Companies. Our ongoing entrepreneurial spirit and overwhelmingly talented employees encourage a friendly, successful work environment – and that's what sets us apart. With over 2,200 employees worldwide, we're always looking to expand our ICE team with career-focused leaders who are committed to exceeding expectations.
Explore our incredible company culture ( http://www.iceenterprise.com/ice-culture/ ) on our website!
Our Core Values:
Respect. Passion. Integrity. Innovation. Social Responsibility. Teamwork. Accountability.
- FREE 7-day resort stays and cruises on your anniversary
- Medical Health Insurance
- Onsite Wellness Clinic
- Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Dental & Vision Coverage
- 401K Plan
- Pet Care Insurance
- Legal Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Discounted Employee Services (dry-cleaning, nail services, massage, personal training, etc.)
- Dedicated Employee Enrichment & Recognition Programs
- Exclusive Employee Travel Rates on Cruise, Resorts, Hotels, Tours, Car Rentals, Dining and Merchandise offerings