- Design, implementation and support of Enterprise Virtual environments and leveraging Replication in support of disaster recovery
- Manage virtualized infrastructure on production and non-production environments across global infrastructure with varying delivery methods
- Fine tune VM and host configurations to get the best performance/resource consumption
- Document existing and new infrastructure deployments using run book and architecture diagrams.
- Implement processes to standardize cloud operating practices and procedures, capacity planning and risk mitigation.
- Collaborate with Technical Operations and DBA teams to assess future growth and capacity requirements.
- Develop KPI and implement monitoring capabilities to manage performance and capacity in a rapidly growing environment
- Support ticket / queue management and escalations in a follow the sun support model.
- Support and work within the ITIL support structure for Change, Problem and Capacity management
- Participate in 24x7 system support rotation as well as escalations.
- Proactively research new and/or updated technologies as they come available that pertain to our environment.
BS/BA degree in Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent experience and a minimum of 8 years related work experience.
- Must have at least 8 years of hands-on experience managing large Enterprise Class Virtual Infrastructure with thousands of VMs across multiple global data centers.
- Exceptional expertise in virtualization hypervisors, management and automation platforms and tools, vRealize Operations knowledge a plus.
- Experience with supporting both Windows and Linux servers / operating systems required, along with strong networking skills
- Public/Private cloud experience required, as well as scripting and automation experience, Ansible a plus
- Thorough knowledge of enterprise storage arrays with emphasis on performance, reliability and scale, 3PAR specific knowledge a plus.
- Thorough knowledge of backup solutions for large scale highly virtualized environments- HPDP specific knowledge a plus, experience with disaster recovery and business continuity, Zerto specific knowledge a plus.
- Ability to lead cross functional project or technical teams emphasizing written and oral presentation skills, experience working with off-shore delivery company and distributed teams
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $125,000.00 to $145,000.00 /year
- Vmware: 4 years (Required)