At Jackson Hewitt, we are working hard for the hardest working and we are on a mission to completely change the way our customers engage with their personal finances. Jackson Hewitt combines the fun, fast-paced culture of a startup with the scale and reputation of one of the nation’s largest retailers (over 6,000 locations).
At Jackson Hewitt we have a passion for our employees and our customers. We recognize and appreciate that our team members are our single greatest competitive advantage. Being an industry leader requires a consistent focus on quality, innovation, performance and results.
IF YOU WANT TO BE PART OF A TEAM THAT IS CHANGING THE INDUSTRY, WITH A FOCUS ON DELIVERING EXEMPLARY CUSTOMER SERVICE THEN JOIN JACKSON HEWITT!!
The Vice President of Quality Assurance is a senior Technology leader responsible for the implementation and creation of our Quality Strategy for Application Development, Tax Content Development and Engineering initiatives in Jackson Hewitt. This role alongside the Technology Leadership Team would work towards a goal of automation of test cases, deployments, and certifications. In addition, the position will be an agent of change as we move forward with new product innovation and our DevOps strategy.
- Responsible for all software quality assurance and testing for the company.
- Work closely with Agile Scrum teams with all testing including integration, performance, regression, acceptance and systems integration testing.
- Verify QA practices are in line with DevOps Initiative
- Approves proposed test plans and procedures to ensure tests are aligned with standards and IT strategy.
- Create platforms and environments for QA, User Testing, and Solution Demonstration.
- Allocates appropriate resources to ensure tests are completed within committed time and budget and are integrated with other applications.
- Develops QA metrics for both the teams and vendors.
- Collaborates with other business teams/partners for integrations testing and to share best practices.
- Approves quality assurance and testing policies, standards and procedures.
- Position is a third-level manager and typically manages group project managers and/or project managers.
- In addition to project deployment, responsibilities include career development, performance management, pay determination and communication.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or other related field.
- Masters a Degree a plus
- Building test automation within Agile / SCRUM teams
- Minimum of 7-10 year’s relevant work experience with functional testing, automated test tools, creating automated test scripts and working with agile and scrum teams.
- Technical Knowledge on QA tools specific to the IT industry.
- Ability to analyze business and/or functional requirement documents for testing purposes.
- Strong analytical skills.
- A demonstrated track record of working on multiple projects under tight deadlines and changing priorities.
- Strong team-oriented interpersonal and communication skills to cultivate positive working relationships.
- Experience analyzing manual testing process and assess suitability for automation.
- Proven track record of delivering quality products.
- Ability to work within a team, and if needed, independently in a very fast paced environment.
We appreciate your interest in Jackson Hewitt Tax Service. Jackson Hewitt Tax Service is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age (40 and over), disability, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Jackson Hewitt Tax Service also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also Jackson Hewitt Tax Service’s policy to comply with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.
Pay Type Salary