The Data Engineer - Warehouse and Business Intelligence, performs advanced (senior-level) data analysis and data engineering work. Work involves leading initiatives to create data analytics-driven solutions for critical business objectives. This position represents the data management team to our business partners, and brings technical expertise to citizen BI and data analytics teams across the agency. May supervise the work of others. Works under minimal supervision with extensive latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgement.
Data Analyst VI:
Duties and Responsibilities
Data Engineer, Warehouse and Business Intelligence
- Works closely with internal customers regarding their specific data needs to develop the requirements for data subject areas needed in the Data Warehouse.
- Captures the inventory of data sources and dashboards to prepare and manage integrated data.
- Acts as the IT knowledge leader on data warehousing and data analytics to the business.
- Ensures data warehouse implementations meet business expectations and coordinates customer acceptance testing and training.
- Ensures the customer can exploit the data warehouse solutions and helps identify additional possible uses of information; anticipates future needs and opportunities.
- Assists in the identification and integration of potential new data sources.
- Designs and develops ETL pipelines that extract data from various sources and load into the data warehouse or other systems.
- Ensures that controls to verify the accuracy and consistency of data are implemented and monitored.
- Provides ongoing operational support of the enterprise data warehouse, continued development and enhancement of the data warehouse, automation of daily data extracts and external system feeds, and development and enhancement of current dashboards.
- Performs related work as assigned
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with major coursework in computer information systems, computer science, data management, information systems or information science or a related field.
- High School diploma or equivalent and additional directly related experience may substitute for the required education on a year-for-year basis.
- Three (3) years of experience in financial/accounting data warehouse, including dimensional modeling, ETL pipeline design & development, data management, data analysis, process measurement, and metrics management.
- Three (3) years of experience working closely with business analytics teams and data analysts.
- Two (2) years of experience with PowerBI or equivalent modern data visualization package.
- Successful track record of Business Intelligence/Data Warehouse solution implementations (design, implementation, data visualization and ongoing support/maintenance) with extensive interaction with business users.
- Demonstrated record of accomplishment working in a cross-functional team environment; including project management skills utilizing business and technical resources.
- Experienced in Agile methodologies & DevOps approach to maintaining pipelines and databases.
- Recent experience with PowerBI (both cloud and on-premises).
- Recent experience with Talend Studio and Data Integration.
- SQL and T-SQL knowledge.
- Experience with metadata-driven ETL templates.
- Emerging data and analytics technologies (i.e. Hadoop, Spark, MongoDB, Azure Data Lake, etc.)
- Cloud platforms and development patterns (i.e. AWS, Azure, MapReduce, etc.)
- Machine-learning, statistical analysis, artificial intelligence, predictive analytics.
- Relational and non-relational data structures, theories, principles, and practices.
- Metadata management and associated processes.
- Web services (REST, SOAP, XML, WSDL, JSON).
- Data encryption and secure transmission practices (SSL, SSH, SFTP, Certificates, PKI, OAUTH2).