This is a per deim position, reporting to the Director, Emergency Preparedness, Brigham Health. The Emergency Preparedness Program Coordinator assists and supports the Director and Program Manager of Emergency Preparedness in preparedness and management of the Brigham Health Emergency Preparedness Program. Brigham Health consists of two acute care hospitals (Brigham and Women’s Hospital and Brigham and Women’s Faulkner Hospital) in addition to multiple ambulatory sites.
The Program Coordinator will provide necessary support for all emergency preparedness activities to include hazard assessments, creating and providing training programs, creating and delivering emergency exercises, project support and management, and support for all emergency preparedness committees and working groups. Represents Brigham Health or other sponsored organizations on local and state preparedness committees, working groups, and task forces. Investigates, researches, and makes recommendations regarding best practices with respect to emergency preparedness. Works with the Emergency Preparedness team to ensure that all regulatory guidelines including the Joint Commission (TJC), the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), and others are known and being met. Provides ongoing support and maintenance for emergency preparedness supplies.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the direction of the Director, Emergency Preparedness, Brigham Health the Program Coordinator will participate in, support, attend, ensure or manage:
- Compliance with increasing TJC/CMS Emergency Management requirements including documentation and management plans.
- Emergency Management through active communications both internally and externally.
- Work with hospital departments, nursing, medical and support services leadership to coordinate and support an overall emergency preparedness plan and strategy.
- Emergency Management Committees as it maintains and tests emergency management plans, both at the main campus and all satellite locations.
- Attends, documents, and staffs the emergency preparedness committee and sub-committee meetings;
- Emergency preparedness and Homeland Security grant processes.
- Emergency preparedness equipment and supplies are available and in good working order and recommends purchase of supplies/equipment as necessary.
- Annual Joint Commission Hazard Vulnerability Analysis process.
- Coordination of emergency incidents and maintenance of the Hospital Incident Command Centers.
- Coordination and execution of emergency preparedness Hospital-wide exercises and represents the hospital on local, regional and State exercise planning committees.
- Hospital-wide training efforts directed toward improving knowledge base on emergency planning and response principals.
- During actual incidents or events, supports the Hospital Incident Command Center and may assume a Hospital Incident Command System (HICS) role.
- Executive steering committee meetings and Administrator on Call trainings.
- Emergency Preparedness meetings with external agencies and organizations. Represents Brigham Health, or when appropriate, programs the Emergency Preparedness Office supports.
DESIRED (BUT NOT REQUIRED):
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and consensus building skills
- Maturity and operational problem solving/decision making experience
- Knowledge of PC utilities: MS Office, PowerPoint, Excel and other spreadsheet and database applications
- Experience writing/implementing procedures and protocols
- ICS Training 100, 200, 700 and 800
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Certified Business Continuity Planner or Emergency Manager (CBDP, CEM)
- Master Exercise Practitioner (MEP)
- Experience in hospital, clinic and research operations
- Bachelor’s Degree in emergency management or related field
- Must be detailed oriented and a strong team player.
- Highly effective verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to work successfully with a diverse group of staff at all levels within the organization and external partners.
- Ability to work well under pressure and prioritize work from competing demands.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to handle several projects and simultaneous deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to interact effectively with physicians, patients and other staff members, and ability to maintain strict confidentiality while communicating with various sources is required.
- Ability to organize, monitor and document emergency management exercises.
- Excellent spelling and grammar for drafting and editing Executive-level correspondence, presentations and written projects required.
May require some limited supervisory duties with emergency preparedness interns or contracted staff.
This position will require an on-call status for emergency situations when necessary. Some bending and lifting required (less than 50 pounds) and manual activities related to emergency preparedness drills/exercises/training including but not limited to mass decontamination team participation. The candidate must be able to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) no less than level C.
Brigham and Women’s Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
MA-Boston-BWH Longwood Medical Area
BWH Longwood Medical Area 75 Francis Street Boston 02115
Brigham & Women's Hospital(BWH)
BWH Emergency Medicine
Nov 13, 2019