Top Wages $30.30/ Excellent Benefits/ Pension / Incentive Pay
Earn up to $100,000 a year
Apply Directly @ www.Albertsons/dc/Portland.html
BASIC PURPOSE AND FUNCTION:
Efficiently handle the flow of merchandise throughout the distribution facility in an
accurate, productive and safe manner.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Receive, check in, and unload in-bound merchandise using power equipment, pallet jacks and other related equipment. Stack the merchandise as it is received.
- Select the merchandise to be shipped to the stores.
- Palletize merchandise and shrink wrap. (All new hires start out as Order Selectors)
- Load merchandise onto truck trailers.
- Complete required shipping documents.
- Cross train and work in various areas of the facility.
- Follow company procedures.
- Ensure a safe work environment.
- Responsible for performing all job duties with honesty and integrity.
SKILLS, PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Ability to reach and to lift product selected weighing up to approximately 90 lbs. with an average case weight of 28 lbs.
- Manual dexterity, overall coordination and good balance are required.
- Ability to stand, walk and move rapidly for entire work shift.
- Ability to bend, stoop, twist and turn frequently.
- Ability to do repetitious arm movements above and below shoulder level required for selection of product.
- Ability to use and operate related work aides to include motor driven pallet jacks.
- Mental alertness is necessary to ensure safe and accurate completion of work activities.
- Ability to learn proper selection procedures, shipping and receiving techniques, computerized inventory procedures and safe operating techniques of motor driven pallet jacks and forklifts.
- Exposure to potential hazards exists with respect to equipment necessary to perform job duties.
- Potential exposure exists to common household cleaning products being shipped to customer, i.e. laundry detergents, ammonia, bleach, etc.
- Occasional exposure to facility pest control fumes.
- Work place temperature ranges are consistent by department.
- Employees work in departments which may range in temperatures from 80 to -20F.
- In cases of temperature ranges outside the norm, Personal Protective Equipment is provided.
- Employees may be required to work at second or third story levels when performing work in conveyable selection systems.
- Noise exposure is within normal warehouse expectations.
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by employees assigned to this job function. All employees must comply with Company and Distribution Center policies, contractual agreements, if any, and applicable laws. The responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified may vary within each facility subject to local application.
Day Shift: Start times could be any time between 3:00am-6:00am
Swing Shift: Start times could be any time between 3:30pm-5:30pm
You must be available to work either shift. You will be assigned to either the day shift or the swing shift, but we cannot guarantee a schedule of your preference. Schedules may vary from week to week. General scheduling is for 4 days per week 10 hours a day.'
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $24.69 - $31.80 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Night Shift (Preferred)
- Day Shift (Preferred)
Work Location: One location