Immediately acknowledge and welcome patients with compassion and a smile at all pharmacy entry points.
Model excellent patient care by respecting, engaging and enthusiastically meeting or exceeding all patient needs including processing orders in person and by phone, directing patients to products and merchandise and referring appropriate questions concerning prescriptions and over the counter medicine to the pharmacist
Use the pharmacy computer to complete all actions necessary to maximize efficiency and customer service at drop-off, will call, drive thru, phone, filling and order receiving, including but not limited to:
- search for patients and profiles
- determine dates of fill and pick-up
- determine prescriptions sent to Central Fill
- quote cash prices of prescriptions
- check on-hand counts of medications
- enter invoices.
Finalize sales using cash register according to established procedures including the Point of Sale Policies
Answer telephone in a polite and timely manner and ensure accurate information is exchanged and customer is satisfied.
Perform all supporting duties to contribute to the safe and efficient dispensing of all patient medication/durable medical equipment by following all quality assurance policy and procedures including selecting and counting medication
Comply with all Giant Eagle and Pharmacy policies including HIPAA and Pseudoephedrine
Perform all data entry functions including but not limited to:
- Entering patient personal data and insurance information
- Entering all prescription information including calculations, free form directions, medications/durable medical equipment and proper documentation for transmitting to insurance companies
- Review profiles for appropriate billing choices and alert pharmacists appropriately for drug utilization reviews
- Calling and resolving third party rejections and rebilling claims
- Entering and processing refills and adding patients to Refills on Time Program
- Processing Medical Expense Reports
Assist in the execution of all company initiatives and programs
Maintain proper inventory levels by submitting on line order, adding and adjusting order points, order quantities and on-hand counts in the computer and assisting manager in preparation of physical inventories
Maintain a neat and clean work environment to ensure Company and government requirements are met
File written prescriptions daily
Assist team members with tasks to ensure department runs efficiently
Review all appropriate service and business metrics and assist team on action plans to improve outcome
Perform all regular duties of Pharmacy Technician
Little or no financial or budgetary responsibility
The purpose of this position is to join and contribute to a service conscious pharmacy team who will consistantly build relationships with patients by exceeding their needs and providing safe, accurate and efficient care to achieve optimal patient , team member and company outcomes.