This position is responsible for guiding prospective students and/or their parents/guardians throughout the entire admissions/recruitment process.
- Extensive outreach to inquiries through phone calls, email, and mail correspondence
- Adheres to Daymar guidelines when communicating with prospective students
- Inputs all activity into database management system in a timely and accurate manner
- Accurately and compliantly communicates the campus features and program information to prospective students
- Conducts in-person interviews and tours of the campus with prospective students in order to evaluate the students’ interest, needs, and motivation.
- Keeps current on program offerings and seeks product knowledge
- Participates in follow-up activities such as Graduation Preview, open houses, etc
- Maintains a cooperative and collaborate relationship with all departments to ensure a positive outcome for the student.
- Promptly submits required weekly reports
- Develops creative approaches to generate and develop inquiries
- Participates in community events to reach prospective students, and enhance the overall visibility and image of the College
- Actively seeks to develop referrals for the College
Other duties as assigned
The following job requirements represent minimum levels of education, experience and competencies/abilities needed to perform this job successfully:
Bachelor's degree required.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- 2 to 3 years of successful sales experience, to include telephone appointment setting, interviewing, closing and follow up skills
- Proprietary school admissions experience a plus
- Project a professional image and provide outstanding customer service
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Organize and execute around multiple priorities
- Schedule appointments and interview prospective students
- Close and follow up with students
- Motivate others to act, to include overcoming objections and resistance to change
- Speak effectively to both large and small groups of people
- Prepare and conduct effective presentations
- Demonstrate excellent listening skills, to include listening not only for content but for motive
- Cooperate and collaborate as a member of a team
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint to prepare and maintain records, correspondence, reports and other data
- Work days and some evenings and Saturdays if/when required
- Attend meetings and training events, which may include occasional travel
- Embrace and demonstrate on an ongoing basis the Company’s core values of Continuous Improvement, Excellence, Innovation, Integrity, Respect, Service, Teamwork and Having Fun
- Physical Requirements: This job requires normal physical mobility, including the ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. Normal hand-eye coordination; arm, hand and finger dexterity, including the ability to grasp and lift up to 40 pounds, is also required.
- Mental Requirements: This job requires the ability to read, recall, write and understand information. This job also requires the ability to work under moderate pressure and to manage multiple tasks concurrently.
- Environment: This job is normally performed in a clean, well-lighted, heated and cooled office area/classroom.