CuriRx, Inc. was founded in 2012 with the goal of creating new standards of care in therapeutic areas with high unmet medical needs. We do this by partnering with our clients to provide innovative development solutions for pharmaceutics, biopharmaceutics, vaccines, generics, and biosimilars.
CuriRx, Inc is seeking an enthusiastic, career minded individual, with a strong work ethic and a commitment to teamwork. The process scientist is responsible for independently creating and implementing cell culture and purification development strategies for biologics derived from both eukaryotic and prokaryotic cell lines. For the right candidate, this position offers the opportunity to make visible contributions to a variety of projects while interacting with a knowledgeable and dedicated multidisciplinary team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Independently perform transient transfections and expressions of soluble recombinant proteins.
- Maintain and scale up all aspects of yeast and mammalian cell cultures, including media and buffer preparation, culture initiation, propagation, and cryopreservation of cells.
- Maintain mammalian cell lines, including expanding cultures, harvesting cells, and freezing cells.
- Demonstrate proficiency in standard mammalian cell culture procedures and associated aseptic techniques in addition to maintaining tissue culture facilities.
- Evaluate and optimize culture conditions.
- Harvest cells and culture medium for protein purification.
- Produce proteins using column chromatography (IEC, SEC, HIC and IMAC).
- Develop innovative methods for protein expression and purification in a high throughput approach.
- Optimize protein purification conditions.
- Characterize, analyze, and engineer therapeutic proteins.
- Communicate effectively with team members on deliverables and timelines.
- Adherence to quality control schedules for ensuring the consistency of cell culture materials.
- Analyze and document data.
- Report results at meetings, both internally and externally to clients, collaborators, and at conferences.
- Follow SOPs and adhere to all safety procedures and company policies.
- Maintain a working knowledge of industry trends through regular research and perusal of relevant publications.
The successful candidate will also have:
- Creative thinking and strong problem solving skills
- Excellent team and interpersonal skills
- Ability to interact successfully with multiple cultures
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multitask and prioritize assignments
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Willingness to work flexible hours
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- 2-5 years’ relevant experience in cell culture and purification, including relevant scale up experience.
- Knowledge of conducting basic molecular biology and protein purification tasks.
- Knowledge of choosing vectors, gene expression, cloning, stable cell line development, bioreactors operation at 10 L to 100 L scale.
- Experience in optimizing cell culture parameters for optimal expression and purification with high yield.
- Knowledge of purification process, viral, host cell protein and endotoxin removal, including use of purification equipment and columns at 10 L to 100 L scale.
- Experience with analytical equipment including HPLC, Mass Spectrophotometer, plate readers, and spectrophotometer.
- Experience designing experiments (QbD) when developing processes.
- Experience in process development and manufacturing.
- Knowledge of filing NDAs, ANDAs and/or 505 B II NDAs.
- Knowledge of cGMP related to pharmaceutical manufacturing.
- Knowledge of FDA regulations, ICH guidelines, and ANDA submissions
- PhD in Biochemistry or a related field, or the equivalent qualification, past industry or equivalent experience.
CuriRx is an equal opportunity employer and supports workplace diversity, a reduced carbon footprint, and fun.
Job Type: Full-time
Required work authorization: