Edgewater is seeking qualified candidates for a Radiological Control Technician opportunity for our customer in Oak Ridge, TN for the Y-12 National Security Complex. This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a DOE “Q” Clearance.
- Associate degree and 1+ years of relevant experience OR high school diploma/equivalent and 2+ years of relevant radiological control experience.
- Certificate of passing the DOE RCT standardized CORE Exam.
- Certificate confirming active HAZWOPER 40 Hr. or 8 Hr. Refresher.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and be able to obtain and maintain a DOE “Q” Clearance.
- Must be knowledgeable and trained in principles, methods, and mechanics of monitoring and sampling of radiological hazards, as well as their mathematical computations.
- Must be able to perform mathematical computations and conversions to express sampling and monitoring results in proper units and terms.
- Must understand the basic nature of the types of radiation.
- Requires the ability to recognize and characterize problems related to standards and limits, plan investigation action and define corrective measure.
- Performs monitoring of personnel, work areas, and items leaving radiological areas for control of exposures from internal and external sources.
- Recommends appropriate personnel monitoring devices, protective equipment, and working time for operations and maintenance personnel working with sources of radiation.
- Observes processes; reads, records, evaluates, and reports data from radiation detective devices, and air and bioassay sampling.
- Conducts investigation of cause and effect for results exceeding the guides, standards, and limits.
- Calibrates instruments, operates automated low background counting equipment, processes TLDs, and performs lung counts.
- Participates in the planning phase of new work processes.
- Serves as a member of the emergency response organization.
If you are interested in being considered for this position and your resume clearly outlines your relevant experience for this position, please follow the application steps via our website:
If your qualifications match our position requirements you will be contacted and provided additional details. Edgewater will not submit your resume without first having detailed discussions with you and obtaining your permission to do so.
We look forward to hearing from you!
WORKING WITH EDGEWATER
Edgewater offers the opportunity to structure benefit packages to best suit your needs. We offer multiple individual and family benefit options including paid time off, medical, dental, life, vision, and disability insurance, and a pre-tax 401(k) retirement account with Company matching contributions and 100% vesting for eligible participants beginning on DAY 1.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Edgewater is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected Veterans, or individuals with disabilities.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 - $45.00 per hour
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
- RCT/HP: 1 year (Required)
- DOE RCT CORE Exam (Required)
- active HAZWOPER 40 Hr. or 8 Hr. Refresher (Required)