The Arc of Bristol County is seeking a part time, 20 hour per week, LPN to assist in meeting the growing needs of adult individuals with DD/ID who attend the Day Habilitation program in our CARF accredited Middleboro, MA, location.
LPN works directly with the Day Hab. Healthcare Supervisor and Day Hab. participants to provide appropriate medical care while participants are in the Day Hab setting. The LPN participates in relevant training opportunities, oversees the health and wellness of participating individuals in concert with the RN. The LPN reports weekly, and as needed, to the Day Hab RN.
LPN Licensure in MA; comprehensive knowledge of nursing care, experience working with individuals who have intellectual/developmental disabilities. Excellent interpersonal and communication (written /verbal) skills; organizational skills; basic computer skills; ability to assess, develop and maintain care plans; and a commitment to working as team member is needed. Minimum of two (2) years equivalent work experience directly related to aforementioned duties and responsibilities strongly preferred. Maintains current certification in CPR for the Healthcare Provider.
Job Responsibilities and Expectations:
The responsibilities of the LPN will include and not be limited to:
- Assist in the administration of medication (or supervise those who self-medicate), nursing services, and medical treatment needed during the recipients participation in Arc’s day habilitation program.
- Coordinate participant’s care with all relevant parties (family, guardian, physicians, nursing facilities, and residential providers) and maintain appropriate documentation of such care.
- Maintain database of medical documentation appropriate to a participant’s inclusion in Day Hab services.
- Provide input/assist in the completion of a nursing assessment for each participant upon admission, upon significant change, and annually thereafter.
- Provide direct care and training in all relevant areas. (such as, but not limited to: Anaphylaxis and Epi-Pen, Dysphagia and the Use of Thickening Agents, Seizures and the use of Vagal Nerve Simulators).
- Participate in interdisciplinary process for each participant.
- Comprehensive knowledge of community based nursing care.
- Provide leadership necessary to ensure a positive team approach.
- Establish and maintain positive, professional relationships.
- Obtain reports and approval of treatment plans from primary care physicians.
- Review the nursing and medical services, developmental skills training program and needs of each member monthly.
- Participate in the quarterly review process for each participant.
- Participate in the completion of participant severity profiles.
- In conjunction with the RN , coordinate the DHSP and RISP with Nursing Facility Plan of Care.
- Assist in the completion of monthly nursing progress notes for each member addressing, at a minimum:
- Medical and nursing services;
- Any possible impact the participants’ medical status may have on his/her developmental skills training program.
- Conversely, any possible impact the participants’ developmental skills training program may have on his/her medical status; and
- Medical interventions.
Job Type: Part-time