The purpose of this job is to provide effective customer service to Georgia Lottery Corporation (GLC) and Coin Operated Amusement Machine (COAM) retailers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Prepares daily and monthly account reconciliations, including account adjustments and accounts receivable subsidiary and general ledger posting.
- Integrate and post Daily Accounts Receivable and the Weekly Location Sweep for Centralized System Revenue.
- Prepares Location Weekly Centralized System activity balancing, and participates in month-end and year- end closings.
- Provide internal and external customer service regarding but not limited to questions concerning Location License Holders (LLH) sweeps, adjustments, 1099s, and assist with obtaining updated EFT information.
- Maintains accuracy of assigned departmental financial and accounting reports.
- Researches and corresponds with MLHs regarding revenue shares inquiries, accounting issues, and other problems.
- Prepare, research, and input various financial adjustments and nonstandard journal entries.
- Responds to questions, complaints and requests for information by telephone, in person or by mail from licensees, employees, etc.
- Prepares, maintains, and updates files and logs following prescribed methods.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's Degree in business-related field preferred.
- One or more years of accounting or bookkeeping experience.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Any equivalent combination of education, training and experience, which provides the requisites, knowledge, skills and abilities for this job.
- All applicants for this position must be authorized to work in the United States now and in the future without requiring sponsorship.