Ditto Development (“Ditto”) is a 10-year-old, cutting-edge residential real estate development firm based in Washington, DC. We are innovators in the real estate development space that take pride in defining and surpassing big goals. Ditto is a growing firm with a team of gifted and diverse individuals, all of whom are industry superstars.
Ditto focuses and invests resources in every element of our residential developments—not just aesthetics, but every detail of design and product development. Working with world class architects, artists and designers, we build spaces that evoke powerful emotions and positively affect the way people live in their homes. In a world where so many products are becoming commoditized, we are building a brand that represents truly extraordinary design, while outperforming the market and delivering exceptional returns to our investors.
We are looking for a Construction Manager (“CM”) with construction expertise, pragmatic business acumen, and a genuine desire to achieve our company’s goals. The candidate must share our vision and intensity, and be excited about defining creative business strategies to support Ditto’s accelerating growth. The ideal candidate should be able to step into this role easily and have the aptitude to learn quickly so that they can grow into a more independent and senior role in a short amount of time.
Reporting to the Senior Vice President (“SVP”) of Construction, the CM will be a key business partner in the Ditto construction team. The CM will manage all aspects of major residential construction projects. This role is designed to shepherd deals, construction and capital expenditure projects from pre-closing through completion of construction. This individual will act as the owner’s eyes on site and will regularly report construction progress.
The CM’s main responsibilities will consist of proactively managing the construction process with the contractors, subcontractors and architects. The CM will also be responsible for managing requests for proposal, change orders and submittal logs for all active projects with contractors, in addition to coordinating/managing with all contractors on notices, lien waiver logs and documentation. The CM will also be expected to provide input into scopes of work with the aim of capitalizing on budget savings and improving project value.
The CM will also assist in handling post-closing purchaser’s complaints from construction activities and any other minor situations that may develop during the development process.
Specific responsibilities shall include:
- Solicit and manage pricing and negotiate contracts with Architects, Engineers, General Contractors and Subcontractors.
- CM will work closely with the development team to execute on projects from the acquisition and due diligence phases, through design and entitlements, to construction and delivery.
- Perform site surveys and document existing conditions.
- Work with Development for the Project Overview and Programming requirements.
- Manage change orders.
- Manage RFIs and submittal coordination.
- Process monthly pay applications.
- Coordinate OAC meeting action items: Follow up with General Contractor on progress.
- Manage project deficiency lists.
- Weekly site walks to monitor job progress for QA/QC checks.
- Handle project close out documents.
- Work with GC for unit turn schedules, punch lists and move-in requirements.
- Set-up Warranty Log for unit warranty issues.
- Coordinate finish selections and pricing.
- Perform constructability reviews for progress drawing sets.
- Monitor and coordinate site plan approval process.
- Monitor and coordinate Building permit process.
- Coordinate GC pay application process with project draw process.
- Monthly reporting.
- 3 to 5+ years project management experience.
- Degree in construction management or related real estate degree.
- Ability to show strong work ethic, communication skills, and willingness to learn.
- Strong organizational skills with a proven ability of working through checklists to meet deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work remotely and with high mobility.
- Must have experience in commercial construction projects from $1 -$50 million.
- Must have demonstrated experience in coordinating the bidding process, subcontractor bid analysis/award, project scheduling and document management.
- Must have the ability to read architectural and engineering plans.
- Experience with MS Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Experience with MS Project, Primavera, Procore (or equivalent).
- Must be creative and should have the aesthetic capability to visual space and develop concepts for marketing, presentation and cost analysis.
Ditto Development is an equal opportunity employer.