Natixis is the international corporate and investment banking, asset management, insurance and financial services arm of Groupe BPCE, the 2nd-largest banking group in France with 31 million clients spread over two retail banking networks, Banque Populaire and Caisse d’Epargne.
With more than 21,000 employees, Natixis has a number of areas of expertise that are organized into four main business lines: Asset & Wealth Management, Corporate & Investment Banking, Insurance and Specialized Financial Services.
A global player, Natixis has its own client base of companies, financial institutions and institutional investors as well as the client base of individuals, professionals and small and medium-size businesses of Groupe BPCE’s banking networks.
Listed on the Paris stock exchange, it has a solid financial base with a CET1 capital under Basel 3(1) of €11.7 billion, a Basel 3 CET1 Ratio (1) of 10.7 % and quality long-term ratings (Standard & Poor’s: A / Moody’s: A2 / Fitch Ratings: A).
(1)Based on CRR-CRD4 rules as reported on June 26, 2013, including the Danish compromise - without phase-in.
Figures as at March 31, 2018
The Appraisal Management VP/Director is a newly created role in Risk Management at Natixis. The Appraisal Management VP/Director will work closely with the Appraisal Management Executive Director, Real Estate Finance Group and Commercial Real Estate Credit to manage the property appraisal process related to the US commercial real estate business including balance sheet loans, syndicated loans, CMBS loans, CRE warehouse financing loans and annual reviews.
- Assist the Appraisal Management Executive Director in engagement of appraisal reports prepared for Natixis by third party appraisers in connection with the origination and review of commercial real estate loans and assets. This will include negotiating and signing appraisal engagement letters as well as managing the process from engagement to completion, as well as preparation of documentation related to the review.
- Review or engage a third part to review each appraisal report to ensure compliance with USPAP and FDICIA as well as sound appraisal practices and procedures.
- Assess the quality of the appraisal report including, but not limited to, highest and best use, approaches to value and reconciliation of final value. This may include challenging the appraiser on issues affecting value or compliance with applicable standards, as well as providing written comments regarding the quality of the appraisal report and distributing the appraisal.
- Minimum 5 years of experience performing and/or reviewing commercial real estate properties
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Experience negotiating appraisal engagement letters
- Extensive knowledge of capitalization rates both on a geographic and property type level.
- Extensive knowledge of primary, secondary and tertiary real estate markets
- Proven experience in DCF, Band of Investment, comp. sales, etc.
- Experience with discounted cash flow software
- In-depth knowledge of USPAP, FDICIA and other relevant regulations and requirements
- Demonstrated ability to deal with senior management level employees
- Skilled at presenting and negotiating different points of view
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- MAI, CCIM, or MRICS/FRICS designation preferred but not required
- NY, NY, or CT real estate appraisal license preferred but not required