Location: San Leandro, CA
Common Networks was founded on the idea that everyone should have a choice for fast, affordable access to broadband internet. Right now, most homes in the U.S. don't, in fact, 62% of homes live in a monopoly broadband market. High-speed access unlocks all the superpowers on the internet. When it works, it can be a great leveling force across the world, giving everyone access to educational tools, entertainment, immediate translations, or even medical care that they wouldn’t otherwise have.
Common Networks provides suburban neighborhoods with internet using wireless technology. We interconnect homes in a neighborhood, creating a mesh network between homes and our fiber internet sources. A whole community can then have fast and reliable internet service with only a few locations needing fiber access.
As the Warehouse Associate, you will be responsible for assisting in running and maintaining operations for our market including inventory management, shipping and receiving, installation preparation, and general office and warehouse management.
Shift: Block Schedule; 4-10 Hour Shifts; 40 hours per week.
Sunday-Wednesday 9 AM - 8 PM Off Thur-Sat
Wednesday- Saturday 9 AM - 8 PM Off Sun-Tue
What you do
- Responsible for compliance with all Company policies and procedures.
- Ensure facility organization, maintenance, and cleanliness.
- Assisting the Warehouse Coordinator in receiving shipments and replenishing the product's inventory as needed.
- Assist in managing product inventory to ensure minimal or no losses.
- Ensure all required parts/supplies are stocked in technicians vans in a timely manner.
- Occasionally drive equipment to technicians in the field.
- General office duties, ordering supplies and services as needed.
What you are
- Drive For Results: A “get-it-done” person. You know that done is better than perfect and are energized by constantly delivering and moving things forward. You roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes to make things successful
- Process Management: Obsessively organized. Adept at project management. You love thinking about how to improve the process and team to make things work more efficiently and smoothly. You always look for ways to innovate and improve.
- Technical Learning / Problem Solving: Naturally curious and have a self-starter personality with hustle. You don't need to wait for people to tell you what to work on.
- Priority Setting: A strong multi-tasker with an exceptional ability to prioritize and manage time effectively. You focus on the right things and can seamlessly move between projects & tasks without losing sight of what's important.
- Ambiguity / Composure: Flexible and excited to work in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment.
- High School Diploma/GED
- Valid Driver's License.
- 1-2 years of warehouse experience.
- Experience managing a team schedule
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Required bending, stooping, reaching, twisting, lifting, pushing, pulling and moving items .
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.00 to $18.00 /hour
- warehouse: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Only full-time employees eligible