Contract to Hire/Perm
The Network Engineer III is responsible for the design and delivery of client driven projects requiring networking assistance. The successful candidate will need to demonstrate senior level expertise in the area of network routing, switching, firewall, and load balancing technologies as they apply to a service provider network. Must also have the ability to work closely with customer and translate complex requests into common language. This candidate must also have the ability to train and mentor other team members and act as a high-level escalation point for projects and trouble issues.
Role participates in a 24x7 support environment with monthly rotation schedule.
Requirements: *Top 3 critical requirements highlighted in Red*
- 5-7 years hands on network/security experience working in IT operations.
- Expert level understanding of core networking technologies including:
- BGP (large scale with many different upstream ISPs)
- Routing and switching infrastructure from Cisco, Juniper, etc.
- Cisco 7600/6500 series
- Cisco Nexus data center switching platforms
- Access layer switching such as Cisco 2960/3750 series
- Layer 2 technologies such as Spanning Tree, STP, RSTP, etc.
- 5+ years of production support for one or more of the major firewall platforms below:
- Cisco ASA
- Juniper SSG and ISG products
- Check Point NGX
- Fortinet Fortigate
- Palo Alto
- 5+ years of production support and design of the above technologies
- 5+ years of experience with network security technologies and best practices
- Experience using ticketing system for incident, problem and change management.
- Excellent customer facing communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Expert level network troubleshooting skills utilizing packet capture/analysis packages such as Omnipeek, Wireshark, etc.
- Experience writing design and implementation documents, Visio drawings, process documents, customer statements of work, etc.
- Obtained or willing to obtain relevant industry certifications (i.e., CCNP, CISSP, etc.).
- Adequate professional experience and knowledge to perform job responsibilities
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize and organize effectively
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work both independently and with others
- Ability to operate in a fast moving, team-oriented, collaborative environment with tight deadlines
- Proficiency in using MS Office Suite and Windows-based computer applications
- Experience as a team lead
- Experience supporting large scale data center infrastructure environments.
- Recent experience with network virtualization technologies such as virtual firewalls, virtual load balancers, MPLS VRFs, Nexus 1000V, etc.
- Experience supporting the networking requirements for Multi-tenant environments.
- 5+ years of support and design of load balancer implementations including:
- F5 LTM & GTM
- Experience and knowledge of network monitoring/management technologies (SNMP, Netflow, syslog, monitoring applications, etc.)
- Expert level knowledge of DNS
- Advanced knowledge of network monitoring/management technologies (SNMP, Netflow, syslog, monitoring applications, etc.) tool.
- Experience with various operating systems including Windows and various flavors of LINUX
- Cisco CCNP or CCIE Certification and/or other advance level industry certifications.
- Provides quality internal and external customer service surrounding the Company values.
- Provides clear and accurate communications with customers regarding the status of their order in a timely fashion.
- Provides clear & accurate communications to the participating project manager regarding assigned tasks in order to meet implementation deadlines and objectives.
- Completes assigned installs and implementation projects in a timely fashion.
- Develops documentation of environments to accurately reflect the as-built information of the solution design and includes details of network connections and IP/port assignments, firewall configurations, monitoring components, exceptions from default, and special customer requirements.
- Consult with customers regarding network performance problems, ideas for design improvements, planning their environment turn-up, etc.
- Alerts supervisor and Client Services representative of any hardware or networking issues impacting delivery of services.
- Is expected to be able to participate as team resource to complete customer implementations
- Works with more junior engineers to plan and execute (as deemed appropriate) any system updates or provisioning projects as assigned.
- Expected to provide primary support for deployed systems for 10 days post implementation.
- Will be considered to be SME for assigned projects and assist all other engineers on the team with questions regarding the customer or environment, in order to ensure a smooth transition into our EOC and/or Managed Service Operations.
- Has demonstrated a broader or advanced skill set to be able to provide support for more complex problem resolution.
- Advanced product knowledge enables engineer to be responsible to work on and/or assist with more complex implementations
- Responsible for writing and reviewing MOP’s as a part of our change management process.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Customer service focused and portrays energy, professionalism and welcoming characteristics.
- Strong ability to work in a highly sensitive and confidential environment.
- Ability to meet deadlines and handle sensitive and pressured situations.
- Ability to identify issues and help develop strategy and tactical plans for various department initiatives
- Ability to use good judgment and decision making skills
Ability to use a PC, keyboard, and other standard office equipment
Job Type: Contract