Universal Logistics Holdings Inc.is a leading asset-light provider of customized transportation and logistics solutions. We provide our customers with supply chain solutions that can be scaled to meet changing demands and volumes. We offer a comprehensive suite of services including transportation, value-added, inter-modal, and specialized services that can be utilized throughout the entire supply chain.
We are currently seeking an experienced Diesel Technician to perform general maintenance and repairs to containers at our Council Bluffs, IA facility. Universal Logistics Holdings, Inc. offers industry leading pay, comprehensive benefits, and career advancement opportunities.
- Perform all levels of preventive maintenance services
- Repair trucks, and trailers and related equipment in a timely and efficient manner
- Inspect brake systems, steering mechanisms, wheel bearings and other important parts to ensure that they are in proper working condition
- Perform routine maintenance such as changing oil, checking batteries and lubricating equipment and machinery
- Repairing and troubleshooting of major components such as engine, transmission, and differentials
- Responsible for repairing damage to containers, trailers, and chassis.
- Repairing tears on the sides of containers
- Replacing lights
- Tire repair
- Landing gear repair
- Frame repair
- Preventative maintenance / running repair / brakes / suspension
- Steady Work!
- Industry Leading Pay!
- Medical, Dental
- Paid Holidays!
- Paid time off!
- Advancement opportunities!
- Experience on heavy trucks, trailers, etc. (diagnostic testing, hydraulics, brakes, diesel engine, etc.)
- Basic set of tools
- Ability to repair/diagnose all trailer/chassis/container components
- 1 year of welding experience
- Able to work in varying weather conditions
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.00 to $23.00 /hour
- diesel mechanic: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Preferred)
- CDL Class A (Preferred)