Responsible for the promotion of Walgreen’s specialty pharmacy services to targeted physicians, nurses, discharge planners, case managers within complex disease states such as Oncology, Organ Transplant, and Fertility, and Pulmonary (i.e. Cystic Fibrosis, Pulmonary Fibrosis, Pulmonary Hypertension). Identifies growth opportunities within small and large group practices, hospitals and health systems and includes internal and external stakeholders as needed. This position plays a leadership role with the local market and region. The RAE serves as a resource for Account Managers and plays a lead role on key region initiatives and priorities. The RAE will spend significant time in conversations with various stakeholders within the healthcare system and be able to address/understand/discuss complex reimbursement systems and flow of the healthcare dollar (Medicare Part B/D, ACO’s, GPO’s, Hospitals, etc.).
- Business Planning - Demonstrates an ability to develop, adapt, and follow-through on an effective business plan that achieves and exceeds quarterly sales goals. Strong understanding of the complex disease state markets and anticipates future trends and opportunities. Prioritizes and stays focused on end goals in order to enhance productivity efforts.
- Business Acumen – Demonstrates expertise and a commitment to maintaining in-depth knowledge of highly complex market dynamics (including payer issues, state and government regulations, provider payment issues, drug launches, etc…) within complex disease states. Monitors competitors and sales trends to develop sales plans accordingly. Analyzes input from various sources to create new initiatives. Develops appropriate business plans for new initiatives addressing market entry plan, financial analysis and projected costs, timelines and necessary resources. Is viewed as a regional expert in terms of communicating and coaching around marketplace, analytical, and clinical knowledge used to fuel overall specialty enterprise growth.
- Account Management – Demonstrates the ability to work within hospital systems, IDN’s and provider groups / networks to coordinate care and sell Walgreens and AllianceRx Walgreens Prime services throughout the system. Develops short- and long-range business plans needed to achieve growth expectations within territory and region. Identifies opportunities and develops relationships with alliance partners outside the company to increase business. Provides clinical program support ensuring accounts are effectively managed. Initiates and participates in marketing clinical program services to accounts. Attends and presents at external customer meetings and internal meetings with other company functions as necessary to aid business development. Has accurately identified all key influencers in the office or institution and is recognized as a vital resource.
- Influence and Impact – Delivers persuasive, compelling, messages and presentations that have maximum impact and drive desired action. Anticipates goals and issues and works proactively to address them. Strategically identifies and uses a wide variety of resources, and internal resources as an integral part of the sales interaction. Leads cross functional teams without authority. Mentors and trains new Account Managers under the guidance of the Regional Sales Director.
- Business Partnering - Leverages resources within Walgreens and AllianceRx Walgreens Prime —including Retail Management, Community Pharmacy, Central Fill, Sales Operations, Marketing, senior management, clinical staff and other functions to assist in both addressing customer issues and expanding our local business. Assists Regional Sales Director in development and implementation of team communication and promotional activities. Participates and leads special projects. Assist Regional Sales Director in recruiting and interviewing new members of the team.
Walgreens (walgreens.com), one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), a global leader in retail and wholesale pharmacy. Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health, beauty and retail destination supporting communities across the country, and was named to FORTUNE* magazine’s 2019 Companies that Change the World list. Approximately 8 million customers interact with Walgreens in stores and online each day. As of August 31, 2019, Walgreens operates 9,277 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, along with its omnichannel business, Walgreens.com. Walgreens also provides specialty pharmacy and mail services and offers in-store clinics and other health care services throughout the United States, most of which are operated by our health care strategic partners. An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans.
Bachelor’s degree and at least 7 years of pharmaceutical sales or healthcare sales experience, including time spent in a specialty role or selling medical equipment/devices or High School Diploma/GED and at least 10 years of pharmaceutical or healthcare sales experience, including time spent in a specialty role or selling medical equipment/devices.
Experience with advance selling skills promoting a complex product or service in a larger group practice or institutions environment.
Experience developing a strategic business plan to hit financial targets within a multi-million dollar territory.
Experience in diagnosing, isolating, and resolving complex issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve the problem.
Experience collaborating with both internal and external resources to develop strategies that meet department and organizational goals.
Expert knowledge of complex disease states (i.e. Cystic Fibrosis) and the delivery system within the specialty pharmacy and payer segments. In addition, experience with billing procedures for hospital, medical offices and Medicare (B / D benefits).
Experience with analyzing and reporting sales data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
Experience developing ways of accomplishing goals with little or no supervision, depending on oneself to complete objectives and determining when escalation of issues is necessary.
Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates.
Experience developing and delivering presentations to various audience levels within an organization.
Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example:
using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).
Experience with disease states.
Willing to travel at least 75% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- At least 5 years experience selling Specialty products or services in one or more of the following disease state groups: Transplant, Oncology/Fertility/MS, IG, Bleeding Disorder, Specialty Pulmonary; Experience selling to hospitals and specialty provider offices and/or clinics.
- Business to business experience preferred in a medical setting and or managed care experience working with medical offices, provider groups or IDNs and hospital systems.
- Transplant Specific PQIs- Experience working with transplant centers and referral sources in a high touch sales/service model. Demonstrated experience working across a broader enterprise to coordinate hospital transplant care/discharge and delivery of medications, ancillary products and follow up care.
- Oncology/Fertility/MS Specific PQIs – Experience with buy and bill practices, reimbursement and billing issues within oncology medical practices, particularly with Medicare. Should have experience with current oncology disease states and therapies. Experience with fertility and/or MS (neurology) practices and treatments.
- Specialty Pulmonary Specific PQIs-Experience working with specialty pulmonary disease states such as Cystic Fibrosis, Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis, or Pulmonary Hypertension. Demonstrated experience working with Specialty Pulmonary treating centers and referral sources in a high touch sales/service model.
- Experience with billing procedures for hospital, medical offices and Medicare (B / D benefits).