The mission of Slack’s Developer Platform is to make interactions between people and software delightful. We make it easier for you to integrate the software you use every day, streamline internal workflows, and discover and integrate new software solutions. We are building the largest wall-to-wall platform for business software discovery and distribution.
A taste of our scale and reach:
- Users spend over 10 hours connected and 2+ hours active in Slack every work day
- 1.5 billion messages are sent per month, half of those outside the United States
- Every day we see over 3.5 million simultaneously connected users, over 3.5 billion web requests, and our systems see over 1 million queries/second in our caching tier
- We have 8.8M+ app installations with 155,000 weekly active developers building on the platform
- 90% of our paid teams on Slack actively use apps
The Platform Services team is a collection of engineers within the larger Developer Platform team at Slack that owns the quality, consistency, and security of our developer APIs. Aside from building products that directly affect the way developers use Slack’s APIs, we are focused on best practices and scaling the public Platform to enable future development. As we grow our team, we are looking for someone that can deepen our expertise in ensuring safe and secure systems.
- You have several years of professional experience building web applications.
- You have several years of professional experience ensuring privacy and security of web applications.
- You have deep knowledge of internet security issues in software design and code.
- You have experience with functional or imperative programming languages - e.g., PHP, Python, Ruby, Go, C, or Java.
- You can lead technical architecture discussions and help drive technical decisions.
- You write understandable, testable, secure code with an eye towards maintainability.
- You are a strong communicator. Explaining complex technical concepts to product managers, support, and other engineers is no problem for you.
- You possess strong computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, programming languages, distributed systems, and information retrieval.
- You have a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience.
Slack is the collaboration hub of choice for companies of all sizes, all across the world. By using Slack, they ensure that the right people are always in the loop, that key information is always at their fingertips, and new team members can get up to speed easily. With Slack, teams are better connected.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. We currently have nine offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, Toronto and Denver.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.