Look for more than answers.
At Quest, we are on a continuous journey of discovery and development. It’s this attitude that has made us an industry leader and the #1 Diagnostic Lab in the US. For those joining us, we offer exciting and fast moving career opportunities where you can affect change at a rate unheard of in many organizations of our size and scope. While we invest in and develop technology to drive our innovations, our ongoing success relies on our people.
As a Software Engineer I, you will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you will have the opportunity to collaborate and affect change while expanding your leadership skills and technical knowledge.
This professional will work from our Woburn, MA location; the office will be relocating to the Marlborough, MA area soon.
Software Engineer I, the role:
The Software Engineer is responsible for maintaining and enhancing current systems in the technology portfolio under the supervision of senior staff. This individual will work as a part of a small agile team to implement new features and technologies, delivering high quality and high performance code in an agile environment. Leveraging, evaluating and learning exciting new technologies that keep our products and teams on the cutting edge.
To qualify, the ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners (QA, Business Analyst, Tech Pubs, etc.) in an Agile/Scrum team environment.
- Develop product features and software solutions within existing applications and new initiatives.
- Assist with the generation and analysis of business and functional requirements for proposed software solutions.
- Participate in architectural and database design discussions as they relate to product direction.
- Create design specifications, documentation, and unit testing plans as defined by the Agile development process.
- Complete development tasks independently as well as under direction from the product architect and development leads.
- Maintain and support software solutions post-production.
- Develop features completely including the front-end components and the backend systems.
- Work closely with other engineers to develop the best technical design and approach for new product development.
- 2+ years of professional experience in software development or technical engineering capacity
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented (OO) design patterns, distributed databases, and data modeling techniques
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
Visual Studio 2012 or higher.
- Knowledge of the .NET framework 3.5 +, Entity Framework, Visual SVN version control server.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server 2012, T-SQL, and Stored Procedures
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills to collaborate to define and refine new functionality. Experience working in an Agile development environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
Join us for competitive benefits and development opportunities in a progressive and supportive environment. Help us improve our service, and the experiences of our patients and colleagues. Work with us and together we can be better.
Your Quest career. Seek it out.
All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Quest Diagnostics is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Disabled / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity. *cb*