Overview of the job:
The Residential Instructors support a program that promotes academic achievement, personal and emotional development, and preparation for college. You will serve as International Junior Golf Academy's designee to act as parental authority for residents, which includes ensuring the health and well being of our domestic and international boarding students. This is a Live-in position with fully furnished accommodations and all meals provided.
Main Responsibilities of the job:
- Support the Student’s Academic and Personal Growth
- Ensure the smooth running of the residence in accordance to the student handbook and maintain a friendly, safe, welcoming and happy environment
- To ensure a visible presence in the International Junior Golf Academy at all times when on duty
- Serve as an academic tutor and support educator for students in assisting in academic planning, reflecting on individual growth both academically and emotionally.
- Provide counseling and advising individually and/or in group to meet the needs of students in academic performance, preparedness for college and adult responsibilities, adjusting to school, residential community life and developing positive personal relationships.
- Provide and/or supervise daily tutorial sessions, monitor student academic progress, homework completion and development of strong student skills
- Collaborate with staff to provide ongoing care and innovative programming
- Monitor study hall hours while tutoring of specific subjects
- Assist students with applications for summer programs, scholarships, colleges and financial aid
- Organize, implement, and chaperone resident activities on the weekends
- Facilitate, assist and report student illness accordingly
As part of your wider role within IJGA, you will also:
- As part of the residential faculty team, develop and implement programs that foster a positive community experience
- Plan and facilitate weekly house meetings with the students to address needs of the residential community
- Meet with the Academic Director to address student academic, behavioral and social progress.
- Work with Academic Director with monthly reports to parents/guardians on student’s progress
- Participate in all staff meetings, residential, faculty meetings and activities including parent conferences, dorm meetings and school wide events.
- Support IJGA and its leadership
- Follow the guidelines of the Residential Instructor and staff handbook
- Engage actively in the performance review process
- Provide administrative support during school hours with any reasonable request from the administrative team.
- Undergraduate degree in education or related field is required. Master’s Degree (preferred)
- Experience with SAT and ACT preparation (preferred)
- Ability to work with, care for and supervise young people
- High levels of energy combined with an even temper
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively work and interact respectfully within a diverse and inclusive environment
- Demonstrated leadership and supervisory abilities are required
- Ability to work as a team member and lead by example
- Ability to be proactive, flexible and reliable
- Full time, Exempt
- 30,000-35,000 USD per year (this is a 12-month contract)
- Eligible for bonus based on contract completion and personal and company performance
- Medical/Dental/Vision Benefits
- All furnished housing and meals provided
- Couples are encouraged to apply
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $30,000.00 to $35,000.00 /year
- Boarding School Environment: 3 years (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Workplace perks such as food/coffee and flexible work schedules