JOB SUMMARY/GENERAL DESCRIPTION
Under the direction of the Game Presentation Director, the Senior Manager will serve as the point person for all aspects of the Family of Companies Dance and Entertainment Teams (Cavalier Girls, Monsters Hockey Girls, Charge Girls, Scream Team, The Minis, QStix and more). The Senior Manager will serve as the Supervisor for all Franchise Entertainment team coaches and will work side by side with the full-time and part-time coaches and managers to develop and execute a successful dance team program with consistency and accountability among all Franchise properties. The ultimate goal of this position is to create enthusiastic, energetic, high-performance, and high-quality professional dance teams in keeping with Cleveland Cavaliers organizational and presentation standards. Develop Youth Dance programs to successful levels to further connect with the Cleveland Community, and to develop and execute marketing program that further Entertainment Teams and the positive visibilty of the Cavaliers organization in the market.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervise all full-time and part-time Franchise Entertainment team coaches
- Attend all Cleveland Cavalier home games.
- Increase the brand of our entertainment teams off the court through digital content, community appearances and various other events that achieve this goal.
- Increase the brand of our entertainment teams in game by elevating everything from choreography, uniforms, track selections, halftimes and collaborations.
- Work with all Entertainment Teams to increase production value through intelligent lighting, and video boards in arena.
- Oversee and manage all franchise rehearsals in accordance with the available budget.
- Supervise all franchise team workouts.
- Manage, communicate with coaches throughout the year to make sure goals are being met in a timely manner.
- Assist with creative conceptualizing of costuming and music for all teams.
- Assist and oversee choreography for all franchise teams.
- Work with Franchise Directors of Game Presentation to develop and maintain corporate partnerships/opportunities for dance and entertainment teams.
- Manage and oversee all aspects of approved appearances including music, attire, invoicing and expense reports.
- Work with Directors of Game Presentation to coordinate all photo shoots.
- The Senior Manager will be expected to communicate with Franchise Directors of Game Presentation weekly.
- Manage all day-to-day questions, requests, updates from team members, department leaders regarding all Dance Team operations.
- Coach and handle all aspects of the The Minis, QStix and others as assigned.
- Coordinate offseason recruitment, workshops, auditions, and marketing for all Dance and Entertainment Teams.
- Perform other organizational duties, as assigned by team leaders.
Candidate must have an extensive dance background that illustrates prior experience with a dance team, as well as choreography experience in various styles of dance; Minimum of 3 years teaching dance with at least 2 years of teaching adults. The ability to instruct and critique routines on a group and individual performance basis. A total understanding and implementation of the dance team's roles in and out of Quicken Loans Arena; Familiarity with a broad range of music; ability to recognize and react to “hot” projects; Strong sense of responsibility and organizational skills, mature management and leadership skills and the ability to work closely with the Game Presentation & Marketing teams; Ability to multi-task, be passionate and work under pressure.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.