Dominion Voting is looking for an IT Security Administrator to join our IT team in Denver, Colorado! We are looking for a security minded individual who can perform both day-to-day technical management and maintenance of IT security programs, and who can also strategically assess and enhance the overall IT security enterprise-wide.
This role covers a broad scope of responsibilities, some days you may be evaluating new security solutions and attending security briefings, while other days you will be managing our existing IT security toolsets and reviewing threat and log data to identify risk and mitigate vulnerabilities. You must be a self-starter, who collaborates well with others, and can explain IT security best practices to anyone from the end users to executive team members.
You will also work hand and hand with colleagues within the IT department, collaborate with our Chief Security Officer, and work with our vendors and external threat organizations to understand and mitigate risks.
- Develop IT security policies and procedures to establish and maintain consistency across IT security operations.
- Manage the identity management solution for access control including IT security policies.
- Provide support for any IT security related escalations.
- Manage program to provide IT security training to our user community and conduct ongoing IT security tests to measure effectiveness.
- Manage Office 365 platforms and security functions such as auditing, security controls, and compliance policies.
- Actively engage in external threat feed services to evaluate and mitigate any risk we may have against known threats or potential threats in our industry.
- Monitor and analyze logs and alerts from various systems including cloud gateways, firewalls, and endpoint protection systems.
- Manage compliance against common frameworks such as NIST CSF and CIS controls.
- Maintain a strong awareness of the IT security landscape and tools in the marketplace. Can determine when tools are necessary versus internal processes and communicate which is most appropriate to implement.
- Manage vulnerability scanning systems and help prioritize and mitigate any existing vulnerabilities whether via patches or other compensating controls.
- Own the day to day monitoring of IT security systems and coordinate responses to any incidents.
- Collaborate with IT management and Legal to manage and mitigate IT security threats or data loss prevention.
- Evaluate, design, and implement new IT security solutions when required.
- Perform audits and table-top exercises to validate controls and identify gaps.
- Participate in security councils.
- Review RFPs and respond to IT security queries from customers, internal teams, or external agencies.
- Specify secure device configurations.
- 5+ years of IT Security experience is required.
- Ability to work independently and be action-oriented. You can balance thoughtful consideration along with acting quickly when needed. You are not afraid to jump into problems.
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to learn and support new systems and applications.
- Working knowledge of various technology platforms to understand the best methods to secure varied systems including firewalls, servers, desktops and Windows and Linux operating systems.
- As the security landscape changes, you can adapt with it.
- The position may have limited travel, less than 20%. Position may require some weekend and evening work as security needs dictate.
Additional Desired Skills
- Experience with Office 365 security controls.
- Experience with identity management and MFA solutions.
- Security Certifications e.g. CISSP, CISM, CISA, ISSMP, GIAC.
- Experience with Pen testing.
- Securing cloud environments.
- Biometrics, Access Control, and Credentialing.
Dominion Voting Systems is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time