An FSR I has the responsibility to take ownership of all tasks and challenges that they encounter in the operation of their assigned position.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Performs all functions of Personal Banker.
- Opens new deposit accounts and understands the financial services offered by the bank. This includes knowing the features and benefits, rules, regulations, pricing, and a simple definition of each service. Also handles other services such as stop payments, wire transfers, and other maintenance functions within assigned limits.
- Serve customers quickly, accurately, efficiently, and confidentially according to Customer Service Standards Manual. Takes a personal interest in each individual customer, making an attempt to establish rapport and looking for ways to help.
- Explains policies and procedures as necessary, keeping in mind most customers’ unfamiliarity with them.
- Resolves customer problems and complaints with courtesy and discretion and direction and directs customers with difficult problems to other sources for assistance. Considers problems and complaints as opportunities to satisfy the customer and promote additional services.
- Is knowledgeable of financial services offered by the bank.
- Shows sincere appreciation for each customer’s time and business. Gives business card if not already given.
- Handles other services, such as stop payments, wire transfers, etc.
- Knows and follows the branch’s security and audit procedures and understands the function and operation of the security devices.
- Assures that branch records, reports and other correspondence resulting from customer development attempts are correct, timely and are properly distributed.
- Presents a neat and professional personal appearance, in accordance with bank policy.
- Maintains a neat, orderly and attractive work area. Desk should be maintained at the uniform standard.
- Knows and ensures compliance to all banking regulations to include Regulation CC and Bank Secrecy Act.
- Presents a neat and professional personal appearance and orderly work area
- Accepts other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Education: High School Diploma
- Experience: Minimum of 18 months experience Customer Service/Sales experience
- Knowledge: Previous banking experience preferred, Good PC skills, Strong organizational skills, ability to read, write and speak English, ability to analyze and solve problems
- Complete FSR School and pass final exam to be assigned to the branch, On the job training with another teller for 3-5 days post FSR school. Product Knowledge, Sales 101, PC Navigator, Level II Word, Excel, Powerpoint classes
- Annual Regulatory Compliance training
- New Employee Orientation, Product Knowledge, Sales 101, Sales 201, PC Navigator, Level II Word, Excel, as well as continual update of processes of FSR system
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Must be willing to travel for meetings and classes, must be able to stand and/or sit for long periods of time. Must be able to effectively access and interpret information on computer screens, documents, and reports.
This position does not require travel.