Work. With Purpose
Ombudsman, a growing, dynamic organization with a social mission to offer hope, is seeking an individual to join our family.
This individual will join an award-winning team and perform meaningful work in a culture that welcomes innovation, encourages creative expression and offers limitless potential for personal and professional satisfaction.
If you thrive in a fast-paced, goal-oriented, outcome-driven environment, seek a career with a social mission, and possess a problem-solving mindset, a sense of humor – and a stellar work ethic – we should talk.
The teacher plans organize and deliver appropriate instructional practices and strategies, specifically those endorsed by Chancelight, in adherence to national and state standards in a specific content area. Courses are delivered through teacher-led instruction in a technology-rich classroom, and the teacher must effectively use curricular resources and delivery methods to promote student achievement and foster student engagement in the learning process. The teacher ensures a safe learning environment for all students and follows guidelines for addressing/reporting issues and incidents.
The position operates with general direction from the administrator and functions as an integral part of the Ombudsman team in supporting and implementing Ombudsman and Chancelight initiatives. The teacher supports the administrator in decisions regarding the operation of the program and is an active and productive member of the site team.
1290 N Scottsdale Road Ste 130
Tempe AZ 85281
- Plan, prepare and deliver lessons for identified Math courses that follow the aligned scope and sequence and include research-based instructional strategies and high levels of student engagement.
- Uses data from assessments to guide instruction, differentiate assignments and/or academic intervention for each student.
- Maximizes instructional time by adhering to schedules, procedures, and routines that foster academic achievement, safety, and appropriate student behavior by upholding the Ombudsman philosophy and policies and apply appropriate disciplinary measures when necessary. Create and maintain a classroom culture that is welcoming, safe and free from disruptions and discipline issues are minimal.
- Instruct and monitor students in the use of learning materials and equipment to ensure fidelity of instruction and student performance/evaluation.
- Assign, grade and provide appropriate and effective feedback on student work. Observe and evaluate student's performance and development. Encourage and monitor the progress of individual students in accordance with the determined timeline.
- Maintain accurate and complete records of students' progress and development. Update all necessary records accurately and completely as required by laws, Chancelight and Ombudsman policies and district policies. Prepare required reports on student progress, achievement, and activities.
- Promotes high levels of student social, academic and behavioral growth and achievement in a professional manner. Regularly communicate necessary information to students, team members, supervisors and parents regarding student progress and needs.
- Participate in site meetings, district meetings, student and parent meetings, community events, professional development and training as requested which may extend outside of scheduled hours. Provides additional academic support or tutoring in the content area or learning lab as needed.
- Participate in the assurance, accreditation and accountability processes.
- Keeps up to date with research-based practices and developments in subject area, resources, and professional development.
- Collaborates with other staff to form a community of passionate and intellectually engaging professionals committed to personal growth, student growth, and engagement. Respond constructively to formal and informal feedback.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
Bachelors or better.
Ability to prioritize so that deadlines are met.
Strong motivational skills and willingness to be flexible and adapt to changing priorities and new initiatives.
Strong oral and written communication, instruction, curriculum, conflict resolution, multitasking, problem-solving, decision making and organizational skills.
Strong skills in working with students with diverse needs and skill levels.
Knowledge and understanding of state and/or national content standards.
Experience teaching Algebra I, Geometry, Algebra II or integrated courses at the same level.
Current Arizona Fingerprint card
Highly Qualified status in Math. Preferred
Confidence and enthusiasm to quickly learn and utilize technology.
Licenses & Certifications Required
Math 7-12 Preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Aggressive -- competitive and growth-oriented
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative