Full Job Description
PacTel Solutions is looking for a Project Specialist for a 3-month contract position with Frontier Communications located at 805 Central Expressway South, Allen, TX.
This position supports the deployment of the Ethernet Services and drives projects and initiatives that ensure Frontier meets its contractual requirements while providing value to the wholesale/retail customers. The Project Specialist ensures all tasks are carried out within the established service level timeframes; coordinates interdepartmental functions in order to minimize implementation delays.
- Ensures projects are on schedule and deadlines are met.
- Efficiently identifies, escalates and solves project issues.
- Provides regular and timely Project status updates to project team and leadership as needed to ensure Projects are meeting agreed upon timeline
- Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Serve as the conduit between the internal Frontier departments for the timely completion of tasks and milestones.
- Initiate and drive governance, financial, and assessment/reporting focused projects and processes that support deployment requirements, and subsequent transition of the Ethernet services.
- Aggregate and report quantitative and qualitative overall program results including, but not limited to, engineering metrics, operational metrics, improvement opportunities, and benchmarking in support of contractual requirements and/or Frontier and customer program objectives.
- Manage assigned projects utilizing established project management processes, including creation of project milestones and an overall schedule; determine scheduling requirements and constraint; identify and drive major project milestones and project requirements into the FTR cross-functional teams; establish scheduling baseline; manage schedule changes; and report on project progress against baseline.
Required Skills and Experience:
- A minimum of 4+ years of telephony experience (with focus on Ethernet preferred).
- Extensive knowledge in data gathering and reporting. Ability to interpret and present large volumes of data in easy to follow formats for users.
- General knowledge of Ethernet products
- Thorough understanding of the ordering process related to wholesale/retail products
- Knowledge of how different departments interrelate from project inception, through engineering and builds and finally to order completion.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills, process and detailed oriented, a self-starter who is highly motivated to obtain goals/results.
- Must be able to work and prioritize in a fast-paced changing environment while coordinating multiple complex projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to produce clear and concise project documentation
- Ability to work under minimal direction.
- Ability to think logically in solving assigned problems and to present recommendations with clarity in written and graphic form.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Ability to understand design/engineering layouts & terminology
- Knowledge of M6, and other systems routinely used in the Ethernet PMO day-to-day operations.
- Previous experience in product offerings, work rules, service management, etc for large market customers.
- Previous experience working directly with customer executive teams.
Hours: 8:00am to 5:00pm
IMPORTANT NOTES-To be considered for this position;
· Drug and Background (including Education and 7 year Employment Verification) Screening Required
· Include your Work Authorization Status in your Resume
· Include a “Skills” Section and ensure required skills for the job are on your Resume
· Learn about our company at www.pactelsolutions.net
· Checkout our Facebook page
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $54.75 /hour
- Telecommunications: 4 years (Preferred)
- Ethernet: 4 years (Preferred)