Crunchbase helps over 70 million people around the world connect with the companies and people that matter. We are democratizing access to opportunities so that entrepreneurs, investors, job seekers, salespeople, and others can accelerate innovation for a better future. We are proud to build products that are shaping how companies and people connect, using our intelligence and data to help them communicate in a more meaningful way with one another.
Crunchbase is committed to a positive, diverse, and inclusive culture by hiring for potential, focused on the inclusion of people who have different ways of thinking, different viewpoints, different backgrounds, and different skill sets. We value a transparent and open culture that positively impacts our teams and our products.
Crunchbase has a remote-first approach, and is open to hiring in these locations:
Atlanta, Austin, Boston, Chicago, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Minneapolis, New York, Portland, San Francisco, and Seattle
Web Engineering at Crunchbase*
Our Web Applications teams build the products and services that millions of Crunchbase users rely on. These cross-functional teams are charged with building highly scalable APIs alongside responsive and performant web UIs. They execute on the core features of the Crunchbase product vision, including the Crunchbase profile and discovery features like our search experiences and activity feeds. As an Engineering Manager, you’ll be tasked with growing, guiding, and motivating these teams to build powerful products that stand the test of time.
What You'll Do:
- Mentoring and coaching engineers and guiding their growth within the organization through clear expectations and frequent feedback
- Working with our amazing recruiting team to grow the team and inspire candidates with the Crunchbase vision and culture
- Collaborating with Product, Design, and Marketing stakeholders to ensure velocity and execution at a sustainable pace
- Working with our internal technical guilds to drive technical excellence goals like improving software quality and keeping technical debt low
- Building a diverse, engaged team with a collaborative and inclusive environment
What We're Looking For:
- Strong motivation to build empowered, excited, and productive engineering teams
- Experience building large scale customer-facing web applications
- Solid understanding of Computer Science and Software Engineering fundamentals and process
- Excellent communication skills
- 4+ years of Full Stack, Front End, or Back End Engineering experience
- 2+ years of Leadership or Management experience
What Crunchbase Offers:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Remote first policy
- Generous Reimbursement policy for learning and development activities
- Monthly fitness / mental health reimbursement
- 10 weeks of fully-paid time off for new parents
- Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Volunteering Paid Time Off
- Incredible medical, vision, and dental benefits for employees & their families
- Free One Medical Group membership for employees & their families
- 401(k) and Roth plans, and free annual financial adviser check-in
- Monthly internet stipend
- Work from home allowance to purchase furniture for your work from home space
- Annual carbon offset
- Matching charity contributions for our Townhall awards
- A team of creative, transparent entrepreneurs driven to accomplish our mission
At Crunchbase, we value team members who are passionate and enthusiastic about what we're building here. We believe there is no "perfect" candidate, and want to encourage applying even if all the requirements listed aren’t met. If you're passionate about Crunchbase and looking to learn and grow, then we look forward to reviewing your application!
Crunchbase does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, height, weight, veteran status, military obligations, or marital status. Every day our team is honored to work with entrepreneurs and innovators from every corner of the globe, and we aim to build a team that reflects the diversity of our customers. Each individual at Crunchbase brings their own perspectives, work experiences, lifestyles, and cultures with them, and we believe that a more diverse team creates more innovative products, provides a better service to its customers, and helps us all grow and learn as individuals.
Job Type: Full-time