We are seeking several Underwriters for our busy Medicare Supplement division.
This is a temporary, full time position with the possibility of moving in to a permanent position. The position involves calling people who have applied for insurance to verify their health history.
Previous experience in this type of position or in the fields of medical underwriting, pharmacy technician, or medical office staff would be required to qualify for this position. You will apply your knowledge of common medical conditions and medicines in conversations with the seniors applying for our products. This position requires extensive phone work but no sales at all.
Depending on the level of experience, you may be considered for an underwriting analyst position. The underwriting analyst will be responsible for evaluating applications for insurance, requesting additional information as necessary, answering pre-qualifying calls from our insurance agents, and placing calls to customers to verify application information. This person will make underwriting decisions based on medical /prescription history submitted to the company.
- Review Applications for health and other eligibility criteria
- Make calls to applicants to verify application information
- Coordinate communication with applicants
- Collaborate with agent’s regarding applications as it pertains to the underwriting process
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 2 years’ health underwriting experience
- Must have knowledge of Medical Terminology
- Excellent interpersonal & office skills
- Willingness to help and learn
- Background in health or life insurance is a plus
- Experience working in a doctor’s office, pharmacy or any other health/medical related positions is a plus
- Bilingual, Spanish, is a plus
Drug Screen and Background Check will be performed onsite
To apply please send resumes to email@example.com
L.K. Jordan is a Equal Opportunity Employer