Receptionist is responsible for greeting clients and visitors to our office. Will be in charge of giving clients directions to various parts of the office, contacting employees regarding visitors, answering phones and taking messages, and sorting and distributing mail.
Accounting responsibilities include keeping financial records updated, preparing reports and reconciling bank statements. Run accounting software programs (e.g. SAGE 100) to process business transactions, like accounts payable and receivable, disbursements, expense vouchers and receipts. Should be familiar with all accounting procedures and have a flair for numbers.
Company expects accounting assistant will ensure that the company’s daily accounting functions run accurately and effectively.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greet clients and visitors with a positive, helpful attitude.
- Assisting clients in finding their way around the office.
- Announcing clients as necessary.
- Helping maintain workplace security by issuing, checking and collecting badges as necessary.
- Assisting with a variety of administrative tasks including copying, faxing, taking notes and making travel plans.
- Preparing meeting and training rooms.
- Answering phones in a professional manner, and routing calls as necessary.
- Assisting colleagues with administrative tasks.
- Performing ad-hoc administrative duties.
- Answering, forwarding, and screening phone calls.
- Sorting and distributing mail.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Scheduling appointments.
- Provide accounting and clerical support to the accounting department
- Type accurately, prepare and maintain accounting documents and records
- Prepare bank deposits, general ledger postings and statements
- Reconcile accounts in a timely manner
- Daily enter key data of financial transactions in database
- Provide assistance and support to company personnel
- Research, track and restore accounting or documentation problems and discrepancies
- Inform management and compile reports/summaries on activity areas
- Function in accordance with established standards, procedures and applicable laws
- Constantly update job knowledge
Requirements – Education, Training and Work Experience:
- Prior experience as a receptionist or in related field.
- Consistent, professional dress and manner.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good time management skills.
- Experience with administrative and clerical procedures.
- Able to contribute positively as part of a team, helping out with various tasks as required.
- Proven accounting experience, preferably as an Accounts receivable clerk or Accounts payable clerk
- Familiarity with bookkeeping and basic accounting procedures
- Competency in MS Office, databases and accounting software
- Hands-on experience with spreadsheets and financial reports
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Aptitude for numbers
- Ability to perform filing and record keeping tasks
- Data entry and word processing skills
- Well organized
- High school degree
- Associate’s degree or relevant certification is a plus
The position has the following physical requirements:
- Must be able to lift up to 40#
- Stand or walk 20% and sit 80% of the work day.
- Work on a computer 90% and on a phone 50% of the work day.
Team members are expected to:
- Read and understand the Team Member Handbook.
*The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $10.00 to $12.50 /hour
Overtime often available:
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply