ACG Builds is growing fast with a large backlog of projects and is looking for an experienced and awesome Estimator to add to our long-term team. We are a mid-sized general contractor and have a product mix of retail/office/restaurant TI's, multi-family apartments and townhomes, institutional retirement, educational, hospitality, and high-end residential.
There's always a fun and exciting new project around the corner! Our project locations range from Seattle to Issaquah and Lynnwood to Renton with our head office in the SODO district of Seattle.
Our hiring philosophy gives every opportunity for employees to grow into larger and larger projects and make their own career path as a permanent team member. We invest in you and you invest in us- this has proven to create a happy and fun company that's become a rising star. Get out of the same track and get with ACG Builds, who was named Puget Sound Business Journal's 32nd Fastest Growing Private Company in Washington in 2018.
- Responsible for evaluating bid specifications and drawings in order to develop successful and complete estimates of complex construction projects.
- Develop and maintain relationships with subcontractors to help ensure wide coverage and competitive bids
- Complete material takeoffs via Blue Beam software and manual counting methods coupled with vendor pricing to determine accurate total material costs for entire project
- Read plans and specs and understand scope of work to determine appropriate subcontractors and vendors for invitations to bid and for leveling bids when received.
- Develop and define accurate and concise estimate clarifications, exclusions and assumptions.
- Communicate with architects, owners and consultants to clarify scope of work when necessary.
- Price projects using sub bids, vendor quotes, and historical internal pricing data.
- Enter project information into estimating software and create cost competitive proposals on bidding projects.
- Communicate with colleagues and subcontractors to ensure an accurate bid is provided on time.
- Provide estimates, budgets, OM pricing, and/or project guidance to owners/reps and attend pricing meetings as needed.
- Periodically visit job sites to strengthen relationships within ACG, obtain estimating feedback, and expand construction knowledge
- 4-year university degree in construction management, accounting, finance, or engineering desired but strong prior experience will be considered in lieu of degree
- Required Experience: 3-5 years of related experience in estimating and/or project engineering
- History of work in various construction types with a working knowledge of all major elements of commercial building
- Experience estimating commercial construction projects from $500k to $15M.
- Technical capacity- estimates done in Excel templates and take-offs in BlueBeam
- Written and verbal communication proficiency- Outlook, Word, and Project
- Review and evaluate cost estimates- bid leveling and inclusion/exclusion analysis
- Communicate with trade partners and team members regarding new and current projects
- Prepare estimates and cost analysis in detail for all projects
- Ensure timely completion of estimates
- Manage bid pricing from all vendors
- Establish and maintain working relationships with vendors and subcontractors
What's in It For You:
- Salary: Competitive- will depend on prior estimating experience but the range will be $70k to $100k per year.
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life/Disability Insurances
- Vacation/Sick and Paid Holidays
- Flexible office schedule as needed
- Phone Allowance
- 401k employer matching plan
- Office computer and dual screens
- Opportunity to work for an industry leader!!
Please email us your resume with salary history at each past position, and a project listing with short highlights of your most recent 5 projects estimated.
For more information on our company and projects please go to www.acgbuilds.com
If you are an Estimator in the commercial construction industry and you are ready to start a new gig working with a great company…. apply to ACG Builds today!!
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $70,000.00 to $100,000.00 /year
- relevant: 5 years (Required)
- Construction Estimating: 5 years (Required)
- Estimating: 2 years (Required)
- Seattle, WA 98134 (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off