Lead/Principal Industrial Control Systems Engineer - 30086BR - (30086BR)
Why choose between doing meaningful work and having a fulfilling life? At MITRE, you can have both. That's because MITRE people are committed to tackling our nation's toughest challenges—and we're committed to the long-term well-being of our employees. MITRE is different from most technology companies. We are a not-for-profit corporation chartered to work for the public interest, with no commercial conflicts to influence what we do. The R&D centers we operate for the government create lasting impact in fields as diverse as cybersecurity, healthcare, aviation, defense, and enterprise transformation. We're making a difference every day—working for a safer, healthier, and more secure nation and world. Our workplace reflects our values. We offer competitive benefits, exceptional professional development opportunities, and a culture of innovation that embraces diversity, inclusion, flexibility, collaboration, and career growth. If this sounds like the choice you want to make, then choose MITRE—and make a difference with us.
The MITRE Corporation is seeking a smart, energetic cyber security engineer with expertise in the operation of and cyber protections for cyber physical and control systems, and security for Internet of Things (IOT). You will need to be proactive in investigating novel technical approaches, developing software prototypes and in giving technical demonstrations. You will be working in a dynamic environment, which encourages creativity and requires you to keep pace with current and emerging technologies and practices.
- The candidate will work in the public interest to provide technical expertise in solving our sponsor's critical software engineering problems.
- The candidate will apply their knowledge of ICS/SCADA, software engineering and networking to address new cyber defense techniques.
- Possess core knowledge of computer science curricula including operating systems, software engineering, compilers and parsing, design and analysis of algorithms, etc.
- Experience in an industrial controls environment (power plants/energy, manufacturing, utility, or equivalent) with working knowledge of SCADA/DCS systems and related hardware and software.
- Possess knowledge of cyber security fundamentals.
- The ideal candidate will have the ability to think critically, work in group settings and be proactive in pursuing research and problem-solving with minimal supervision.
- Applicants must be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
- Strong foundation in Computer Science or Engineering, EE or Mathematics.
- Possess some experience in mobile computing as well as security for mobile computing to include knowledge of devices and underlying operating systems.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Possess strong writing and communication skills.
- BS and 8 years related experience.
Primary Location: United States-Virginia-McLean
Other Locations: United States-Massachusetts-Bedford
Work Locations: Washington
Job: Cyber Security
This requisition requires a clearance of: Secret
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Posting: Nov 13, 2017, 12:00:00 AM