JOB FUNCTION/ PURPOSE
The Administrative Assistant II is responsible for performing basic administrative support of a moderately skilled nature.
- Answers and directs phone calls, including distribution of off-hours messages.
- Assists and directs all guests, clients, and customers for meetings, appointments, and service.
- Performs general office support duties including: copying, filing, mailing and faxing; maintaining office directories and filing systems; managing office supplies. May also perform support tasks related to customer service, finance and human resources as needed.
- Schedules meetings, books conference rooms and assists in meeting support. Initiates action items from manager’s meeting notes and distributes accordingly. Coordinates catering for events.
- Prepares basic correspondence (email, letter, etc.) as directed by manager and appropriate team members
- May assist with administrative duties specific to a District and Community/Property. Tasks may include: responding to resident calls and work order requests; maintaining event calendars; managing access cards and barcodes.
- Assists manager with special projects as needed.
- Other duties as assigned (region specific).
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS
: High School Diploma or GED and 2-3 years related experience.
: Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office applications & internet. Working knowledge of Concur & expense tracking. Ability to use Lync. Ability to learn CMMS, CAD & Hansen (may vary). Advanced math skills including debits & credits. Working knowledge of post office protocol, bulk mail processing, work order systems & handling. Working knowledge of accounting functions including payroll, purchasing, and month-end close.
: Communicates clearly & professionally. Contributes to a positive internal & external customer experience. Maintains composure in challenging situations. Collaborates with others. Asks for constructive feedback.
Problem Solving & Quality:
Pays attention to detail. Identifies & solves problems. Escalates issues accordingly. Checks work for quality. Shares suggestions to improve quality & productivity.
Managing For Results
: Works independently with minimal supervision. Takes projects to completion. Follows all company policies & SOPs. Manages multiple tasks. Demonstrates flexibility in workflow & scheduling.
Leadership & Initiative
: Demonstrates a positive attitude. Acts in accordance with company vision, mission & values. Takes accountability for own performance. Willing to take on additional assignments. Seeks out opportunities for development.
The work environment is characteristic of an office environment: sitting, standing, walking, bending and lifting are required to perform job responsibilities. The employee must occasionally lift and move up to 20 lbs.