Jacobs National Security Solutions (NSS) provides highly sophisticated network systems design, engineering, operations, and maintenance, and offers cutting edge cybersecurity solutions for our customers in the Intelligence Community, Department of Defense, and other federal agencies. We deliver an integrated approach to network engineering design and network management, as well as full IT lifecycle service management, IT service delivery, asset management, logistics and procurement support, and software/hardware vendor management. Our network engineers, controllers, and technicians are trained in multiple disciplines to successfully maintain legacy systems as well as insert the latest technologies for voice, data, and video networks in fast-paced, mission-critical environments.
Jacobs is seeking a NOC (Network Operations Center) Administrative Assistant to join their team at their customer site in the Reston, VA area. This is a Mid shift position and will be working the 10PM-6AM.
· Basic understanding of common IT and networking terminology.
- Answering phones with precision by line, following standard operating procedures.
- Calling troubles out to carriers and other groups.
- Reacting to systematic events, outages, and incidents.
- Creating, updating, and resolving work tickets.
- Orchestrating, prioritizing, and reporting on all Incidents for Integrated Operations & Maintenance (IO&M) team.
- Escalating issues and communicating situational awareness to management, sponsors, and clients.
- Recalling personnel as needed.
- Enabling and disabling network interfaces and devices.
- Telecommunications — basic knowledge on a variety of telecommunications platforms and IT systems.
- Time Management - managing one's own time and coordinating with the time of others.
- Customer Service – committed to providing the highest levels of customer service; understand and respond to the customer’s requirements.
Ability to work collaboratively across organizational boundaries.
Communications - ability to communicate complex issues to technical staff, customers, and senior management
- Manual Dexterity
- Individual must have a high level of Integrity.
- Provides daily reports on critical systems and high mission impact items.
- Prepares documentation for the customer.
- Training and guiding other employees in a collaborative fashion.
M Must have Active TS SCI with Polygraph Clearance to be considered.
Education – Associates Degree or equivalent (2 or more years of administrative and/or IT experience) is required.
IT based certifications, including ITIL Foundations are preferred.
Able work holidays and weekends as scheduled.
Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization both verbally and in writing.
Must take and pass a drug test and background check.
Must be maintain a valid driver’s license.
Must be able to maintain regular, reliable attendance and ensure on time daily arrival.
Experience in Help Desk and user support environments.
Ability to work in high stress, fast paced environments.
Proficiency in the use of MS Office product suite (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, SharePoint).
Ability to perform other duties as assigned.
Strong analytical, conceptual, communication and organizational skills.
Ability to effectively interface with all levels of personnel and management.
Ability to work and thrive in a team environment.
Strong problem-solving skills.
Ability to self-motivate and work productively without supervision.
Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Essential Job Functions:
Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others
Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation
Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization both verbally and in writing
Must be well-organized with the ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously.
Must work well under pressure to meet deadline requirements
Must be willing to travel as needed
Must take and pass a drug test and background check
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.