Are you ready to work at the cutting edge of technology challenges? Our Research and Development program brings highly technical SMEs to solve the intelligence community’s (IC’s) most critical challenges. We are seeking an expert to guide the development of technologies that will create a new generation of machine learning algorithms that exhibit human-like performance characteristics by employing high-fidelity representations of cortical computing primitives as their basis of operation. Early research will focus on the acquisition and analysis of large datasets on the order of petabytes that capture the detailed structure and function of cortical microcircuits at single-synapse, single-spike resolution. Middle-phase research will concentrate on developing computational models of the data collected earlier, with the goal of identifying salient operations, including computational primitives performed by the observed cortical microcircuits. Finally, late-stage research will be dedicated to developing and evaluating machine learning algorithms that are constructed from these primitives
Empower change with us.
Nice If You Have:
- 2 years of experience with deep neural networks applied to problems in computer vision
- 2 years of experience with PyTorch, Jupyter Notebooks, Docker, and Github
- 2 years of experience with identifying research risks and developing mitigation methods
- Experience with communicating complex research results in the areas of machine learning and data science
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- BA or BS degree
- Experience with TensorFlow, with experience deploying models to production systems
- Experience with the application of machine learning tools to discover structure in high-throughput recordings of hundreds or thousands of simultaneously recorded neurons in artificial or biological neural networks
- Experience with the application of machine learning or statistical tools to discover structure in very large directed graphs such as neural circuit maps or netlists derived from engineered circuits
- Experience with displaying technical data in graphical format within written documents and presentations
- BA or BS degree in Machine Learning, Data Science, CS, or a related field preferred; -MA or MS degree
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Build Your Career:
A challenging and dynamic work environment isn’t all we have to offer. When you join Booz Allen, you can expect:
- access to experts in virtually every field
- a culture that focuses on supporting our employees
- opportunities that provide stability while offering variety
You’ll also be exposed to a wealth of training resources through our Digital University, an online learning portal featuring more than 5000 functional and technical courses, certifications, and books. Build your technical skills through hands-on training on the latest tools and tech from our in-house experts. Pursuing certifications? Take advantage of our tuition assistance, onsite boot camps, certification training, academic programs, vendor relationships, and a network of professionals who can give you helpful tips. We’ll help you develop the career you want, as you chart your own course for success.
We’re an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.