Our company is always on the forefront in the creation of new and exciting products to support the data center industry. Our custom computer room air handling units (CRAHU) are industry leading examples of some of the most highly energy efficient and sophisticated cooling systems in the world. We are diverse, upbeat, creative, team-oriented engineers and managers working on a daily basis to develop datacenter cooling equipment that are changing the face of the data center facility.
We are seeking for this role an engineering technician who possesses authoritative knowledge of large-scale mechanical and/or mechanical infrastructure systems and adapt them for mission-critical facilities. Knowledge of architectural concerns, large-scale compute farms, control systems, and large industrial/commercial cooling distribution systems is a major plus. You should have extensive experience being involved in large scale technical operations, and demonstrable problem-solving leadership with limited oversight. You possess excellent communication skills, attention to detail, and the ability to create work product with highly accurate results.
You will spilt your time between interfacing with our customers in the field and working with manufacturing teams to optimize our product to provide the best possible service for our internal and external customers. You will work with design, quality assurance and manufacturing engineering teams to provide continual feedback from our customers.
- Read and interpret electrical, control and mechanical blueprints, drawings and other specifications.
- Measure and lay out reference points for installation.
- Assemble and install refrigeration or air conditioning components using hand and power tools.
- Measure and cut piping, and connect piping using welding and brazing equipment.
- Start-up system and test for leaks using testing devices.
- Recharge system with refrigerant, check and test regulators, calibrate system and perform routine maintenance.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and repair a wide variety of heating and cooling/refrigeration equipment/systems
- Troubleshoot diagnose and repair PLC Based Custom Controls designed and built by Silent-Aire. - Willingness and able to travel to customer locations domestically and internationally (approximately 50%)
- Focus is on independently achieving general objectives in support of an assigned project
- Works independently on varied assignments requiring a broad and/or specialized knowledge of refrigeration and HVAC
- Decision making is guided by applying standard procedures, may make modifications of procedures or use methods developed in previous assignments
- Required to communicate technical issues to technical and non-technical staff
- Need to maintain a high level of communication with both internal and external stakeholders, customers, contractors and industry peers
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Need to have experience working in highly sensitive or mission critical facilities
- Industrial, Manufacturing Facilities and Field and office environments
- Domestic and international travel is required approximately (approximately 50% travel)
- Must possess valid passport
- Travel to field worksite locations
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Knowledge of operating principles of various types of cooling/refrigeration equipment and systems
- Registered refrigeration/HVAC, Controls Technician/Journeyman Trades Person a plus
- Knowledge of electricity and electrical and solid state control systems
- Knowledge of safety practices and building codes
- Customer service skills
- Start up and commissioning responsibilities at customers facilities.
- Ability to read, understand and work from blueprints, specifications and schematics
- Ability to maintain required records and prepare reports
- Must possess valid driver’s license
- Aptitude and communications skills related to acting independently
- Technical and working knowledge of internal and industry design and construction codes and standards
- Proven planning, organizational, problem solving, decision–making, supplemented with a practical aptitude
- Ability to lift 40lbs and use ladders working from heights.
- Field Operations Team and Plant Managers
- Willingness to travel to customer locations (domestic and international).
Visit www.silent-aire.com for more information about our company.