The Environmental Services Technician 2, under the supervision of the Environmental Services Manager, is responsible for the general housekeeping function of the physical plant; work includes use of cleaning equipment, special cleaning compounds, specialty cleaning and additional projects and/or responsibilities.
1. Performs thorough general cleaning of the Medical Center including trash pickup, dust mopping, vacuuming carpets and routine mopping of floors.
2. Cleans and disinfects lavatories and exam room fixtures throughout the Medical Center on a routine basis.
3. Maintain supplies in lavatories and exam rooms including soap and paper for dispensers on a routine basis.
4. Spot clean and dust throughout the Medical Center on a routine basis.
5. Clean windows, wash walls and perform specialty cleaning.
6. Shampoo carpets, strip and wax floors in the Medical Center on an as needed basis.
7. Trains new and current housekeepers in floor care, cleaning procedures, and housekeeping policies.
8. On a weekly basis orders cleaning supplies for assigned facility.
9. Works with other DMG staff on special requests or cleaning projects.
10. Oversees the day-to-day operation of the facility in relationship to environmental services responsibilities when Specialist and/or Manager are not present or available.
11. Maintains accurate records of cleaning procedures and mandatory regulations.
12. Responsible for securing facility and reporting deficiencies to Environmental Services Specialist and/or Manager or Building Services Manager.
13. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. High school graduate or equivalent.
2. Housekeeping experience at Dean Medical Group for a minimum of 1-3 years with no attendance problems.
3. Willingness to use initiative and handle extra duties as needed.
4. Ability to work independently.
5. Possess leadership skills and possess the ability to work and communicate well with a variety of personnel.
Essential Physical Functions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Ability to work primarily first or second shift type hours.
2. Ability to continuously stand while performing tasks.
3. Ability to communicate in person and to read fine print.
4. Ability to continuously and safely lift boxes, waste and other cleaning related equipment or objects weighing up to 20 pounds frequently and on occasion up to 50 pounds.
5. Ability to continuously and safely push/pull boxes, containers and cleaning related equipment such as vacuums, carpet extractors or floor scrubbers.
6. Ability to work from / on ladders. Employee frequently ascends/descends stairs.
7. Ability to repetitively bend/twist and kneel/crouch.
8. Ability to work with and to wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment when working with environmental services chemicals or handling blood borne pathogens or other medical/hazardous waste.
9. Ability to periodically work outside in adverse weather conditions.
10. Ability to safely wear a respirator.
About SSM Health Dean Clinic-
Based in Madison, Wis., Dean Clinic consists of a network of more than 60 clinics in south-central Wisconsin. Our more than 500 physicians provide primary, specialty and tertiary care in the clinics as well as eye care through our Davis Duehr Dean locations. Dean Clinic also offers urgent care services and operates outpatient surgery centers. Dean Clinic joined SSM Health in 2013.