The Town of Weldon, North Carolina is seeking a highly motivated and qualified candidate to serve as Town Clerk. Responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- maintaining the official records of the Town, including all resolutions, ordinances, proclamations and minutes
- preparing agenda packets for Board of Commissioners’ meetings, advertising, and insuring requirements of open meetings law are met
- attending all meetings of the Board of Commissioners, including taking and transcribing minutes of each meeting
- providing administrative support to the Mayor and Board of Commissioners, assisting with correspondence, appointments and travel
- performing other duties as assigned by the Board of Commissioners including utility customer service, human resources, reception and financial support services Preferred qualifications include Municipal Clerk Certification, and experience as a Clerk or Deputy Clerk. Proficiency in MS Word is required and proficiency in Publisher, Excel and LOGICS is preferred. A successful candidate must have excellent organizational and follow through skills, the ability to handle multiple jobs simultaneously and the ability to work well with coworkers, members of the public and the governing body in a professional and courteous way. The hiring range is $31,500.00-$41,900.00 based upon qualifications and experience.
Please submit application and resume to Mayor Julia Meacham, Town of Weldon, 109 Washington Avenue/P. O. Box 551, Weldon, NC 27890.
The Town of Weldon is an EOE.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $31,500.00 to $41,900.00 /year
- Excel: 1 year (Preferred)
- Microsoft Word: 1 year (Preferred)
- Human Resources: 1 year (Preferred)
- Administrative: 1 year (Preferred)