Prometric is a trusted test development and delivery provider to more than 300 organizations worldwide. Prometric serves as an industry gatekeeper, ensuring that people legitimately earn the credentials they seek to achieve, and thereby guaranteeing a fair testing experience for all who come through our doors.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
An entry-level attorney who has experience handling multiple legal matters and projects in more than one area of law on behalf of the Company.
The Staff Attorney will report directly to the VP, Legal Affairs and will be primarily responsible for providing timely and effective advice both domestically and internationally for, preferably in more than one area of the following, the negotiation and management of commercial client and vendor contracts, employment related legal matters, privacy and data protection matters, corporate governance, real estate, and/or intellectual property. This is an excellent opportunity for a law firm associate looking to go in-house with a global, multi-national organization.
- Prometric is a fast paced legal/business environment and the candidate must have a willingness to roll up their sleeves and do substantive legal work.
- The candidate must be flexible, willing to adapt to ever changing business needs, with excellent oral and written communication skills, strong organization skills and an ability to work well in a fast paced environment.
- The candidate will be required to understand and embrace the role of a business partner to management and corporate clients.
- The candidate must be capable of assuming significant responsibility and an in-depth understanding of the company from both a legal and business point of view.
- The candidate must be self-motivated, able to use good judgment and common sense.
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team, and always maintain a high level of professionalism and integrity.
Primary Duties and Accountability
1. Candidate must have a desire to become a specialist in more than one area of the law with prior experience in employment/EEOC matters, real estate transactions, contract negotiation/drafting, privacy/data protection, or intellectual property a plus.
2. Candidate must be experienced or willing to learn investigative tactics and essential problem-solving skills related to complex legal matters, and interpret and apply organization policies and applicable laws related to a variety of business issues including complaints and grievances.
3. Candidate must be able to manage relationships and matters with all departments within Prometric, from Sales to Human Resources to Operations and back-office support functions, and to appropriately counsel the business on ongoing compliance and risk mitigation.
4. Other projects / duties as assigned.
- A JD or LLM from an accredited law school
- License in good-standing to practice law in Maryland, or another state in the United States
- 2-5 years legal experience; recent graduates with some law firm training or in-house experience will be considered.
- Possesses and applies a comprehensive knowledge of principles, practices and procedures of the legal field to the completion of complex assignments
- Requires excellent legal research, analytical abilities and an ongoing knowledge of international, federal and state law
- Demonstrates strong judgement and comfort in ambiguous, challenging, and sensitive situations.
- Ability to communicate effectively around matters of high complexity – both orally and in writing; to read and analyze legal materials and other data; to work under time sensitive deadlines
Prometric is an Equal Opportunity Employer.