Genjigo is a casual Japanese hibachi concept with multiple locations in Columbus, Ohio.
Originally founded by the Scott family in 2010. Even with the expansion to six restaurants,
Genjigo strives to be world-class as both a restaurant but also as a family with its team members.
It was born from their Genji Japanese Steakhouse customer’s desire for a to-go option. Many
guests would come to their sit-down locations and order one meal to eat then, and a second to-go
meal to enjoy later. The family wanted to offer a quick-service option where their guests could
get the food they loved and craved with the same quality ingredients, freshly prepared by chefs in
the hibachi tradition, but without the full sit-down dining experience.
We are currently looking for General Managers and Assistant Managers to join our family!
Managers are responsible for all aspects of the daily operations. Ideal candidates will be excited
to be a part of Genjigo’s fast casual concept!
- Ensures an accurate accounting of all transactions, collections and disbursements, including
tips and payouts.
- Supervises prepping, assembling, cooking and cooling of all food products to Genjigo recipe
guidelines and health code specifications.
- Responsible for proper reheating of all pre-cooked, partially cooked, and/or cooked items such
as sauces, rice, proteins, vegetables, etc.
- Ensures that all stove, oven, and warmers are working properly
- Ensures proper portioning of all food items such as chicken, and vegetables prior to cooking.
- Ensures that all food items are properly prepared, labels all stored items, and ensures proper
product rotation using first in/first out procedures (FIFO).
- Understands and enforces Genjigo HAACP and sanitation guidelines and specifications.
- Maintains proper organization and the highest level of cleanliness of all food storage and
- Ensures cleanliness and upkeep of kitchen and equipment at all times.
- Responsible for communicating openly and thoroughly with management, and for bringing any
and all concerns to management's attention immediately.
Genjigo is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of
race, color, creed, religion, gender (including gender identity or expression), pregnancy, childbirth
or related medical conditions, sexual orientation, marital status, domestic violence, sexual
violence or stalking victim status, ancestry, national origin, alienage or citizenship, age, disability,
military or veteran status, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristic, or other
High School Diploma or equivalent is required for any member of management.
Assistant Managers must have at least one year in the same position of line operations experience in the restaurant industry for consideration. _Food Safety certifications are preferred, but not required.
General Managers must have at least 2 - 4 years of restaurant operation experience for consideration. Level 2 Food Safety Certification is required for General Manager Candidates.
Salaries for all management positions will be paid commensurate with experience and position, ranging from $25,000 to $40,000 annual salary.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $32,000.00 to $40,000.00 /year