The Branch Director supervises all licensed professional, caregivers and Branch personnel as well as the provision of therapeutic services provided by the Branch and contributes to the overall company success by leading the Branch. The Branch Director effectively manages the Branch’s clinical operations, services, personnel performance, and office management on an ongoing basis.
LHC Group is the preferred post-acute care partner for hospitals, physicians and families nationwide. From home health and hospice care to long-term acute care and community-based services, we deliver high-quality, cost-effective care that empowers patients to manage their health at home. More than 60 leading hospitals and health systems around the country have partnered with LHC Group to deliver patient-centered care in the home. More hospitals, physicians and families choose LHC Group, because we are united by a single, shared purpose: It's all about helping people.
- May serve as the Administrator, DON, or Alternate Administrator and Supervising Nurse of record for the branch(s) in accordance with state and federal regulations.
- Supervises the day-to-day office and clinical operations (including ensuring daily and weekly tasks are completed even during staff absences). Monitors office staff action screens daily.
- Supervises overall operations including but not limited to:
- Generating monthly On-Call schedule
- Review of On-Call Log
- Review and follow-up on complaint forms and all QI reports
- Onsite supervision of RN and PT Case Managers
- Provision of monthly Aide in-services, general staff meetings, and monthly Case Manager Meetings.
- Completes the Weekly Branch Audit Report and emails to the Administrator (if applicable), Regional Vice President, VP of Operations, and Chief Operating Officer by 5 p.m. each Wednesday for the previous Sunday through Saturday.
- Completes weekly chart audit and maintain the appropriate notebook.
- Competency with the State and Federal Survey process and ensures that the branch as a whole and all the branch staff are prepared for on-site surveys and other external audits.
- Functions in the capacity of staff nurse when necessary.
- Participates in community awareness and education programs.
- Takes administrative on-call as a support to the on-call nurse and provides software management related to processing intakes, review of evaluation packets, scheduling, moving, and reassignment of visits to ensure the smooth function of the Branch during off hours.
- Reviews and approves accounts payable and ensures submission to the Home Office per protocol.
- Ensures that end of episode billing is completed and timely and outstanding claims are kept to a minimum, the goal is 10% of revenue or less.
- Ensures deficiencies related to the internal Home Office audit findings are addressed and corrected per action plans. Maintains Clinical Audit scores at 85% or greater and Operations scores at 90% or greater, and Human Resource scores at 100%.
- Reviews and approves Non-Visit Activity daily to ensure timeliness of payroll processing and management of employee activity.
- Participates in the Branch Disaster Plan including, but not limited to:
- Committee to annually review the disaster preparedness plan
- Testing the call tree per policy, present/perform disaster drill annually
- Activating the emergency preparedness plan when a disaster is imminent in the absence of the branch director.
- Activates the Emergency Preparedness and Response Plan for clients
- Supervises and directs the emergency preparedness plan implementation
- Acts as the Branch Disaster Coordinator in the absence of the branch director.
- Ensures that the client’s plan of care is individualized and appropriate, executed as written and reassessed by the appropriate health care professional when there is a significant health status change in the client’s condition, at the physician’s request and after hospital discharge.
- Ensures appropriate documentation is completed for all patients transferred to an inpatient facility.
- Completes review of evaluations packets, OASIS and 485’s. Reviews both the data submitted via the Mobile Device and via paper to ensure accuracy and follow up on any documentation that requires correction. Processes the OASIS and 485, verifies the correct start of care date and episode date range in Homecare Hombase (HCHB). Processes any unlisted supplies, medications, activity, functional limitations, allergies, etc. that appear on the screen.
- Follows up on OASIS Assessments that cannot be processed due to Licensed Professional documentation deficiencies.
- Follows up on all referrals, through admission and billing processes, in which Medicare is not the primary payor.
- Approves all non-admissions prior to the non-admit decision being made by the office or field staff. Reviews and processes Non-Admits if a visit is made and the determination is made to pay the agent. Updates the medical record per Non-Admit protocols.
- Holds weekly Case Conferences to discuss client issues. Determines if clients that are planned for discharge meet the requirements for Management and Evaluation or any other skill service.
- Assists and oversees process of internal transfer of clients to a new branch office.
- Approves weekly schedules and ensures productivity standards are met for fulltime employees.
- Reviews and approves weekly payroll transmittal.
- Reviews Infection Control reports for all clients. Provides all follow up related to Infection Control reports (both client and employee) and processes these reports in Homecare Homebase (HCHB).
- Reviews Occurrence Reports. Provides all follow up related to Occurrence Reports and processes in Homecare Homebase (HCHB).
- Conducts CQI functions:
- Reviews monthly statistics of the Clinical Chart Review, HR and Operations Audits from the Home Office.
- Develops corrective plans congruent with the SOP and Policies and Procedures. Routes the corrective plan to the Administrator and Regional Vice President. Reviews approval and implements corrective plan.
- Completes QI forms monthly for QI data collection and route to Administrator and Regional Vice President and Home Office. Implements corrective action plan as appropriate.
- Participates in committee activities as requested.
- Reviews Roster Report monthly for accuracy. Routes to Administrator and Regional Vice President on the 4th of the month.
- ADR and Denial Review, preparation and submission per established protocols.
- Recruits, hires, orients and retrains field staff and office staff in order to cover referrals and patient visit needs. Conducts general and job-specific orientation.
- Handles employee counseling and terminations as needed and according to company policy.
- Ensures all changes in employee status are communicated with the Home Office within three days of change.
- Timely completes 90 Day Evaluations, Annual Evaluations and Counseling sessions.
- Follows up on Human Resources deficiencies that have not been resolved and works to proactively ensure HR requirements are clear before they become deficient.
- Adheres to and participates in the Branch’s mandatory HIPAA / Privacy Program and Employee Compliance Program.
- Reads and adheres to Branch policies and procedures and follows Employee Handbook guidelines.
- Completes all other duties as assigned
- Must be a graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Must be licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state of practice; Bachelors/Master’s degree preferred.
- Home care management experience required.
- A minimum of three years clinical experience required; must have been in the prior 36 months; must have at least one year of experience in home health.
- Medicare home health experience required.
- Experience using Homecare Homebase software preferred.
- Prior supervisory and/or management experience required.
- Sound knowledge of nursing practice and exceptional leadership skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; conflict resolution and mediation skills.
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
- Must be self-directed and motivated; must be capable of managing branch operations independently with minimal direct oversight and supervision on a day-to-day basis.
- Ability to manage the delivery of services across the continuum of care; ability to retrieve, communicate, and present information both verbally and in writing.
- Knowledge of home care regulations and regulatory requirements is required.
- Must have exceptional customer service skills and be able to communicate well with referral sources, patients, family members, and branch employees.
- Must have/maintain a valid driver’s license and auto liability insurance.
- Must be flexible with work schedule.