Coordination of patient schedules including input of various appointments into the departments scheduling system, scheduling outside appointments as necessary and communication with the patient and staff regarding all appointments scheduled. Exhibits knowledge of departmental procedures and appropriate scheduling of patient's exams. Accurately obtains patient records for patient clerical work-up.
1. Maintains scheduling systems and follows department scheduling guidelines.
2. Communicates effectively and appropriately with all parties involved in the scheduling process.
3. Answers phones in a professional manner, directing calls to appropriate area and/or taking
messages. Answer inquires of a general nature, relaying messages as necessary.
4. Demonstrates efficiency and accuracy in maintaining the medical record. Documents on the
medical record appropriately as required by the department.
5. Displays flexibility in order to meet the needs of the department, ensuring optimal patient care.
Participates in emergency callback and overtime as needed for optimal patient care. Assumes
the responsibilities of other staff members as needed to ensure adequate coverage.
6. Maintains a committed and cooperative attitude, promoting teamwork and harmony by readily
assisting other staff and patients.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent.
Experience: None required
Preferred Position Qualifications:
Previous medical scheduling/receptionist experience preferred.
Medical terminology preferred