Description of Responsibilities
This position is responsible for purchasing parts, assets, and supplies for the organization under the direct supervision of the Controller in addition to effectively managing cost and pricing updates, vendor agreements, procurement, price negotiations, forecasting, and inventory management.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Maintain supply chain data to assist with effective stock planning. This includes validating data, updating reports, reconciling inventory, closing orders, item maintenance, etc.
- Maintain purchase contracts and vendor master data.
- Assist with all cost and pricing updates as announced by suppliers.
- Research and resolve cost and pricing changes unannounced by suppliers.
- Support the quarterly excess and obsolete inventory review process.
- Assist in developing and documenting policies and procedures, including system requirements and internal controls to ensure data and functional integrity.
- Conducts physical inventories and manage cycle count program.
- Create, place, and manage purchase orders with vendors.
- Effectively manage supply chain KPIs including maintaining optimal inventory levels across multiple locations, forecast accuracy, inventory turns, re-order points, and aged inventory.
- Source new and special-order product requests.
- Drive fact-based decision making through reporting and analysis to provide recommendations for ways to improve operational and cost performance in addition to recommending alternate items.
- Ability to understand, analyze and present complex information in an understandable format.
- Use analytical skills to evaluate, prioritize, and categorize data in various forms and formats.
- Identify gaps in policies, processes and procedures leading to incorrect data and propose solutions.
- Improve margin analyses for rental and service business to document utilization, profitability and other relevant KPIs.
- Maintains records for items or services purchased, costs, delivery, product quality or performance, and inventories in Brightree
- Discusses defective or unacceptable goods or services with inspection or quality control personnel, users, vendors, and others to determine source of trouble and take corrective action.
- Represent the Company in a professional and courteous manner in all interactions with client/patients.
- Facilitates same-day item orders by researching for the most appropriate distributer/cost, then placing a will-call order for a courier or a technician.
- Participate in surveys conducted by authorized inspection agencies.
- Participate in the Company’s Performance Improvement program as requested by the Performance Improvement Coordinator.
- Participate in Company committees when requested.
- Pursue continuing education programs appropriate to job responsibilities.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Controller
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel, expert knowledge preferred (macros, formulas, pivot tables, Vlookups, etc.)
- Experience with Domo, MS Access, MS Excel, Python, or similar tools to analyze large data sets is an advantage.
- Strong action/results orientation with the ability to work with minimal oversight, to be self-motivated and proactive in achieving individual/team objectives.
- Strong planning and organizational skills to effectively coordinate schedules and work flow
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization
- Ability to pay close attention to detail
- Basic knowledge of proper accounting principles, practices, and procedures
- College degree in Supply Chain Management, Manufacturing, Business, Finance, Accounting or related discipline
- Experience in cost reporting, financial analysis and financial modeling is desired
- Relevant experience in a company with a mature procurement function / manufacturing organization preferred.
- 3 – 5 year’s work-related experience
- CPSM, CSCP or CPIM is an advantage
- The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and sit, as well as talk and hear.
- The employee is required to use hands to operate vehicles and office equipment.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 80 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00 to $55,000.00 /year
- Relevant: 3 years (Required)
- Supply Chain: 3 years (Required)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Employee discounts
- Workplace perks such as food/coffee and flexible work schedules