Human Resources Generalist
Human Resources Manager
The Human Resources Generalist at Yankee Candle acts as a strategic business partner within the areas of responsibility, performing various functions and duties pertaining to the Human Resources/Employee Relations function. This role serves as the primary communications point person for Business Unit Managers on HR related topics, needs, concerns and updates.
- Collaborate with Business Unit Leaders and Managers on business unit key initiatives including the HROP process and lending support as applicable to achieve specified outcomes.
- Participate in key updates, programs and meetings to provide guidance, ensuring the training of WoodWick policies/procedures, as well as enforcing company policies and procedures while ensuring legal compliance
- Lead and/or participate in cross-functional teams to determine the feasibility of go-forward projects. Formulate, recommend, update and roll-out HR policy and procedural changes.
- Provide consultative support and guidance to the management team.
- Perform a variety of functions to support the development, maintenance and continuous improvement of employee relations by acting as a liaison for all employees; counseling employees, supervisors and managers regarding problem situations in the workplace; resolving discipline and/or grievance situations; support and coach a pro-company environment and other similar duties as needed.
- Support the business by attending or participating in the creation of a variety of programs and functions for both the business units and HR.
- As needed, support the recruiting function by conducting or participating in interviews, job fairs and related meetings and administrative support.
- Conducting of business must be performed with the utmost integrity, professionalism, confidentiality, discretion and adherence to the ethics of WoodWick.
- Five years of Human Resources experience including a demonstrated knowledge of employee relations, as well as federal and state laws as they relate to employment practices
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, a related field or equivalent experience is required.
- Previous management experience or a demonstrated understanding methods and techniques.
- Demonstrated strong ability to relate well to others.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as interpersonal, diplomacy, and leadership skills are essential.
- Demonstrated experience providing both verbal and written direction.
- Experience administering routine company policies, rules and procedures that affect all employees.
Newell Brands (NYSE:
- Excellent problem solving and organizational skills, as well as strong attention to detail.
- MS Word, Excel and HRIS operating skills a plus.
NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Paper Mate, Sharpie, Dymo, EXPO, Parker, Elmers, Coleman, Jostens, Marmot, Oster, Sunbeam, FoodSaver, Mr. Coffee, Rubbermaid Commercial Products, Graco, Baby Jogger, NUK, Calphalon, Rubbermaid, Contigo, First Alert and Yankee Candle. For hundreds of millions of consumers, Newell Brands makes life better every day, where they live, learn, work and play. Newell Brands and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.